Self Contained Web Server / Interface (2 Viewers)

vadimz

Portal Member
December 10, 2008
Home Country
EPG Refresh error

I'm getting this error when clicking on EPG refresh.

EPG Failed with the following error:[AnyDAC][Phys][MySQL][LIBMYSQL] Column 'notify' cannot be null

Any ideas? :(

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    How do I delete channels? I have deleted some channels after a scan in TVServer, but they still show up on the Web Interface's EPG screen.

Since there is no EPG to DVB-T channel mapping they are displayed as empty columns.

:D for the useful app :)

Been a while since I was in it, but think you need to go into the MP Web Interface Manager > EPG > and reset/reload or something to refresh the channels

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    hi kev, just a suggestion.

it would be nice if mp web manager had by default the edit boxes filled in for the database connection.

i know this may not be the same for everyone but normally..
    localhost
    sa
    MediaPortal
    mptvdbrc4 (or the latest)

... are the most used.

this would make it faster and easier to setup.

also, the message "there is a problem with the ip port......" could be in red to make it more noticeble.

oh, and whilst installing it again i notice u need to give firewall access to the exe file, so maybe first time running the manager, give a popup saying it.

with this simple modifications, you can get this wonderfull program perfectly running without reading any setup guide.

will u consider it?

vadimz

Portal Member
    December 10, 2008
    Home Country

it would be nice if mp web manager had by default the edit boxes filled in for the database connection.

localhost
    sa
    MediaPortal

... are the most used.

Or even better, why not read MP's configuration for Database choice and just use the same db/connection but automatically create new db user and assign table privileges to it.

I mean we already made a choice of database to use, why do the same again? ;)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

localhost
    sa
    MediaPortal

... are the most used.

Or even better, why not read MP's configuration for Database choice and just use the same db/connection but automatically create new db user and assign table privileges to it.

I mean we already made a choice of database to use, why do the same again? ;)

indeed, however i just propuse my option cause i think it much simpler to implement. although the right way would be yours.

maybe implement what i said cause it may be a 10 min job, and in future check your option.

Khurram

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    A gem of a plugin. :D for creating such a useful plugin. I had installed an old version some months ago and had then removed it as I did not find it useful. But the latest version, 0.6.0.9, is much changed and very advanced from that 0.4.xx version. It supports streaming too :D I have 2 problems:

1) I cant get it to display the guide vertically. All my channels show up horizontally; in fact, the row is repeated 3 or 4 times. The logged on user is configured with Vertical display and in the Appearance option in the MPWebInterface manager, "List Guide Data Horizontally" is not selected. But I dont have any epg info for the channels. Is this the problem?

2) I have installed VLC 0.9.8a and it doesnt contain the dll files mentioned in the streaming.pdf file that I am supposed to copy to the windows folder.

rickd

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2007
    Integrating a touchscreen

I use Girder and Netremote and want to reliably use it to control mediaportal.

Girder supports URL sockets and can send and receive responses from web servers.

This means Netremote can too by default.

Question I have is does this webserver have a published set of controls i can send to it to control navigation selections plya pause record etc

If it does I can write the girder code to make this a touchscreen capable option at least for girder netremote users.

Currently I send keys to the window which works 98% of the time ok but this would make it work 100% and potentially give us two way options I am hoping.

Thanks Rick

diablosv

Portal Member
    November 1, 2008
    Home Country
    I like the remote control and the playlists for music, but it would be better if I could see my whole music album list unless i am missing something here :confused:.

peely

Portal Member
    November 25, 2007
    Olney, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

I keep getting the following error when trying to add a recording:

Parameter 'endTime' not found

I've tried a complete reinstall (including db) of both MP 1.0 and MPWebint. After a reinstall I can add schedules for a small time but then it goes back to printing this error!

I'm using XMLTV using the UK RT grabber, if that helps?

Thanks,

Neil.

GrahamS

December 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Excellent work ;-) - just the interface I was looking for. Not sure if its all working yet - just set a schedule - so we will see in 20 minutes ;-).

Can't find a 'record now' button, and setting a schedule for a current program doesn't seem to start a recording - possibly MP Server setup as I only installed it yesterday = noob!!.

Couple of 'niggles' getting it running though :

1. Selected SqlExpress - and you seem to be trying to use an ODBC driver rather than a native SQL Client ??. Anyway - on my system will only connect if I select Sql 2005 and not SQL 2005 Express. NB I DO use SqlExpress (was already installed pre MpServer) but not in 'file only' mode though !!.
    2. A reason why folk don't read the guide first is that the installation runs when you click the exe :-O, so you don't get a chance to read it and add the new database user. Probably still works though with the right database option selected.
    3. Might be worth adding a sql script to add the user and set permissions - then run this under OSQL ?? - which is installed y default with Sql Express.
    4. On XP (probably Vista as well) - IF the windows firewall is running - users will have to open up for the port to be visible externally. Add note to manual maybe ??.

Great stuff though - for me it makes MP Server actually usable :-O - as I cannot run the MPClient software adequately - laptop is XP 64 and it won't run on that - and also will not run on server box using RDP (hangs initialising directx) :-((. I want to be able to schedue recordings while away - and this should work for me :). A file download option might be a good enhancement (if not already supported) - that would allow me to download recorded files and watch off-line when away ??.

Many thanks

Graham

Oops - sorry - you already told us about the firewall - maybe I'll shut up and read the rest of the manual ;-).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom