Self Contained Web Server / Interface (6 Viewers)

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
for the life of me i can't get this working, but i will have a bit of a play more on the server tonight, all i get is a window in teh browser that
says video is loading and it never proceeds any further.

Just on the ports do you need to open up all these ports in the windows firewall i have them forwarded in my router but perhaps windows firewall is
blocking them ?

The guys that have this working did you open ports in windows firewall as well?

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    for the life of me i can't get this working, but i will have a bit of a play more on the server tonight, all i get is a window in teh browser that
    says video is loading and it never proceeds any further.

Just on the ports do you need to open up all these ports in the windows firewall i have them forwarded in my router but perhaps windows firewall is
    blocking them ?

The guys that have this working did you open ports in windows firewall as well?

I don't have windows firewall turned on but, definitely you would need this setup to allow it.

does it work internally. you can open VLC and enter the url in there and it should start working. That would be a start to ensure that it is working at all.

I know that if you are going through proxy servers & firewalls at the client end, it most probably not work.

craige1

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Alice Springs
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This is some great software. Im amazed on how well done it is.

The only thing im having problem with is streaming, I've setup vlc, its picked up my cards, ive put in the settings, but when i try to view a streaming channel it pops up with the streaming window and says that it could not start streaming. I cant seem to find anything that tells me why. I notice that under the TV Service page where it is suppost to show the card status, no cards show up.
    I have webinterface installed on the tv service computer but the database is install on my server, would this cause a problem?

It would be great if i could get this working.

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Is there some way by which I could use apache to serve the pages?
    You can get apache to work as a "Reverse Proxy". I have it working in my place as I have other apps with built in webservers and I use Apache as my internet facing webserver. Apache then acts a client to the other webservers and hit the address:port required and then servers that info back to me.

The streaming bit does not work the same way ofcourse but the rest does work.

PM me is you want a sample of the httpd.conf file to see what I have done (just started work so would not get it for 10-12 hours) otherwise google it. plenty of examples out there.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    The HTML seems to depend heavily on iframes, but my WM5 PDA says "Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames". I haven't found any relevant configuration settings. What can be done about this (short of buying a newer PDA just to operate MP ;-)? Would it be possible to have a non-iframe web interface?

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey Big_kev,
    don't know if you want to add this to your manual for Apache Users.....but here is a quick guidline on how to have Apache serve your Web Server pages. This is if the users run mulitple webservers in thier environment and want to access all from 1 domain name.

at the bottom of the httpd.conf fille

add the following

ProxyRequests off
    ProxyPass /tvepg/ http://garage10:8090/

<Location /tvepg/>
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "By Invitation Only"
    AuthUserFile bin/passwords
    AuthGroupFile bin/groups
    Require group Admins
    ProxyPassReverse /
    </Location>

Now, Save the file and restart Apache

the url I use to access from the internet will be

http://mydomainname/tvepg/

now here is the description

the second line "ProxyPass /tvepg/ http://garage10:8090/" needs to be filled out with your information and will be the basis for your url

so the /tvepg/ - you could rename to something like /mpweb/
    the second bit is the url you normally enter to get to the MPWeb Interface - in my case garage10 is the name of the server that MPWeb is installed on and the port is 8090

the next bit is the location stuff.
    the "<Location /tvepg/>" must match the url you entered above
    next is authentication - you will notice I run authentication within Apache so all those line with Auth can be removed if you do not use it.

What I also did was setup a user within the MPWeb config with the ipaddress of the Apache server. This way when you login in it says Hello Username..nerdy I know but it is because you can. Again I don't think this has to be done.

K1lo

Portal Member
    November 22, 2008
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Charli181 - thanks for the info. Will give it a go tomorrow after work! I had no idea apache could work like that. Certainly allows the limiting of attack vector by only having one 'hot zone' facing service.

On another note, since starting to use the webserver I have started noticing odd recordings in Media portal. Some records will be scheduled at random for strange durations (10s of hours sometimes) whilst other times 'manual' recordings will pop up out of the blue. I have since reinstalled Mediaportal but not the web interface and everything seems to have returned to normal.

Any ideas? I really don't want to stop using it. :confused:

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    not sure about these random recordings, it maybe something to do with the queries to show programs you like. I have never heard of this before though, others may have...

Eyep0p

Portal Pro
    June 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    has someone a mirror for me please?
    the links posted on the first page are not working for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom