Self Contained Web Server / Interface (2 Viewers)

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Hi Big_Kev,

How new is the TV Server back end (not the client front end which is the V 0.2.3.0 RC1). If it is from the last few weeks then that would not be the problem. I am using tvengine3-08-16-2007--01-22h--Rev15546.

You can try the web server on another machine on your network and set the name of the MSSQL server to the name of your 2003 server to see if that is the problem.

It still looks like a database structure problem to me...

I am using tvengine3-08-31-2007--01-23h--Rev15687 which is a pretty recent one. When Windows decides to close the application due to an error I saw that DEP (Data Execution Prevention) has closed the program. Maybe you would need to adapt the program to be compatible with DEP ?

I did just install the mpwebinterface on my Windows XP SP2 client, here the Program crashes instantly as soon as I configured the settings and clicked on save. (after the message "webserver running" appeared for about 1 sec.)

Bye,
Alex
Just a thought... could it be the .net framework or the DLLs for MSSQL 2005 not installed on the XP machine? The Web Server app tries to connect to the database on startup...

I have organised access to a 2003 Server (small business) later next week to try to get to the bottom of this...

I will keep you posted.

Kev

midiboy

Portal Pro
March 14, 2005
Hi Big_Kev,

on Windows XP I have Net framework 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0 installed. On the Windows 2003 Server it is only 3.0 (but it includes 2.0 I think).

MSSQL is NOT installed on the WinXP machine, you are right about that. I could try to install MSSQL Server on XP too, maybe later when I am home from work ... :)

Bye,
Alex

rr69

Portal Member
November 6, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Big_Kev,

I was wondering: Would it be possible to add another option to show the tvguide in a pda friendly format. When I was on the train, i wanted to program a show, and used my pda to do so, it worked fine, but the tvguide table is much to wide for the pda.

I'm thinking of a suburl like http://tvguideserver/pda.

Well just a thought... Thanks for the great app..

Greetz RR69

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Hi Big_Kev,

I was wondering: Would it be possible to add another option to show the tvguide in a pda friendly format. When I was on the train, i wanted to program a show, and used my pda to do so, it worked fine, but the tvguide table is much to wide for the pda.

Greetz RR69
That sounds like a great idea.

I dont have access to a PDA, could you send me some details of how this should appear?

Kev

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    the original web server for TV engine 2 had this. May be possible to look at it's pages?
    Was a suffix to the web address of /WAP to get the small screen version.

http://www.mp-webinterface.com/mambo/ is their home page. These guys rocked but haven't seen them around here for a while. MP has a built in external control protocol that could be good for remote control and screen shots of the app.
    Maybe as an add on from my earlier suggestion, when you get a list of each logged in client, there could be an option to remote control it and view what's on the current screen. I know this seems like a big ask but I understand the ecp2 (?) plugin in MP handles this well (the control at least).

Any ideas or thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Marcus.

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Big_Kev,

First of all, great application! I've been looking for this ever since I moved to MP.

I have one question and one comment for you:

- Would it be possible to also add a Logout button? When accessing the interface from a public computer I would like to logout before I levae the PC.

- When I try to view "Show Program Guide" it hangs for a long time and then comes backwith an empty page. I use Firefox but tested also with IE with the same result. All other functions/views work just fine.

Any ideas? Is there any log I can check?

/Peter

rr69

Portal Member
    November 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Big_Kev,

Greetz RR69
    That sounds like a great idea.

I dont have access to a PDA, could you send me some details of how this should appear?

Kev

Hi Kev,

I am not into HTLM designing, but i have written a small guide how th install the Windows Mobile 6 Emulator from Microsoft. From there you can view the Webinterface in the Mobile Explorer.

The Main Menu doesn't need changing, it is already good to go.

For the programguide to fit, i think it need to be in one or two colomns. Also before showing the program guide, it would be easy to select a date and channel.

:D Greetz..RR69

Btw: I didn't check the document for spelling..

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Wow, excellent thing ! This is actually what motivated me to finally migrate to TV server, as I am in a single seat configuration.

Two more enhancements for when you feel your fingers itch to program again:

• During detection of the channels, I guess the TV server takes info from teletext and thus I had some channels being named after the program currently running. I corrected this later manually and in TV server I now get the right name, but in the Web Page I still see the "original"/wrong name. Would be nice if the modified name were shown
    • I am only taking EPG for a limited set of my channels, the 5 that I watch the most. Any chance of limiting the channels you display, for instance by selecting a group ?

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Comming Soon...

Wow, excellent thing ! This is actually what motivated me to finally migrate to TV server, as I am in a single seat configuration.

Two more enhancements for when you feel your fingers itch to program again:

• During detection of the channels, I guess the TV server takes info from teletext and thus I had some channels being named after the program currently running. I corrected this later manually and in TV server I now get the right name, but in the Web Page I still see the "original"/wrong name. Would be nice if the modified name were shown
    • I am only taking EPG for a limited set of my channels, the 5 that I watch the most. Any chance of limiting the channels you display, for instance by selecting a group ?
    Thanks Furetto,

:D Some good ideas there!

For next version...

Will add logoff button as suggested

I am planning on adding user profiles to the next version - different logins get different views etc. Then it will be possible to specify the channel group/groups for different logins. as well as for example, creating a different login for your PDA (as I will be attempting to create a PDA friendly page).

Regards
    Kev

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom