Self Contained Web Server / Interface (1 Viewer)

jerma

Portal Member
October 7, 2007
Vaasa
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi all.

As this is my first post, i have to say GREAT job on the MP Web Interface Big_Kev ! :D

I have the Version 0.1.1.3 installed now, and would like to report some odd action that might be bugs...

- In the Program Guide -page, if i try to set a schedule to a program that is allready running i get a blank white screen and the web interface no longer answers. I have to reset the service to get it going again.

- In the Program Guide, as i press the <next> button to view next -days EPG info, time to time the web interface hangs and again i have to reset the service.

- In the program guide, there are empty cells that only have the begin time in them, what is this ?

Some suggestion to upcoming releses:

- Would be really nice to have the Main Menu items visible on all the pages, maby as a frame or table on the top ?

- You could get rid if the continued -picture, and put horizontal lines into the Program Guide, maby at 12:00, 18:00 and 21:00 ? Check out www.telkku.com for an excample what i mean. Also it would be really great, if the ongoing program could be highlighted.

- Channel names and logos could stay visible even when you scroll down the Program Guide -page.

- In the Program Guide, TV Channel colums could have a fixed widht and the showed program name could be spanned to the next line OR what does not fit on the first line could be cut away with a ...

I am happy to give any extra information that you may require.

Best regards, Jerma /Finland.

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
New Version 0.1.1.5

Hi all.

- In the Program Guide, as i press the <next> button to view next -days EPG info, time to time the web interface hangs and again i have to reset the service.

- In the program guide, there are empty cells that only have the begin time in them, what is this ?

- You could get rid if the continued -picture, and put horizontal lines into the Program Guide, maby at 12:00, 18:00 and 21:00 ? Check out www.telkku.com for an excample what i mean. Also it would be really great, if the ongoing program could be highlighted.

- Channel names and logos could stay visible even when you scroll down the Program Guide -page.

- In the Program Guide, TV Channel colums could have a fixed widht and the showed program name could be spanned to the next line OR what does not fit on the first line could be cut away with a ...

Best regards, Jerma /Finland.
Hi Jerma,

I am having some problems with the "vertical view", try switching to the Horizontal view and you will get better results.

Regards
Kev

*** NEW VERSION 0.1.1.5 ***

Hi All,

I have been trying to solve the problems recently noted with connection difficulties. I think I have isolated the issue, but it is hard to test as I can not duplicate the error.

Please let me know if this version fixes your connection issues.

Hopefully, the Web Server should now be listed with the netstat -an command.

Added version number to main menu screen

Regards
Kev

j1nx

Portal Pro
July 16, 2005
I'm sorry Big_Kev, no diference!

Still nothing running on the port in "netstat" and the page ends up in an error page.

Is there anything you want me to check to figure this out?

EDIT: There is something in the event viewer;
------------------------------------------------------------
Faulting application MPWebInt.exe, version 0.1.0.2, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.3119, fault address 0x00012a7b.
------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT2:
Hmm i think the above error was the error i got when updating from 0.1.3 to 0.1.5 (needed to remove and then install the new version.)

EDIT3:
Thinking of a possible issue. I have .NET 3 installed, and you? Maybe some things are changed in the latest version!

mrkaras

Portal Pro
December 9, 2006
Home Country
no, that didn't get it, I still get the same. random Faulting application MPWebInt.exe... as above and "The TV Server database is currently unavailable.
Please try again later" when I try to logon.

MrMad

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Göteborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thinking of a possible issue. I have .NET 3 installed, and you? Maybe some things are changed in the latest version!

I think you can rule that one out, .NET 3 is exactly the same as .NET 2.
Well, of course there are some new things like WPF, WCF etc. but all the old stuff is EXACTLY the same.

j1nx

Portal Pro
July 16, 2005
OK, tried all differnet kind of stuff, but couldn't get it to work.

"services.msc" tells me that the service is running fine
"task manager" shows the exe running
"events" is not showing any errors (the previous one was really an install/update error which happened)

It is just not listening on the configured port (tried a lot of different ports)

Check firewal again, is off. Added the application to allow, just te be safe anyway.

Maybe it has something to do with one of the latest windows updates, maybe the one which solved a mayor security risk when you have IExplorer and Firefox installed. (if someone knows which one it is)

jerma

Portal Member
October 7, 2007
Vaasa
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi Big_Kev.

No sure you did anything about the followind, but tried it anyway as i istalled the latest version 0.1.1.5: If i try to start recording on a show that is allready running, the server returns a blank page and hangs. This happens using both the vertical and horizontal view (different users).

I also used the next/prev -buttons and the Jump to: action, and did not get the web-interface to hang anymore... something fixed here i assume :)

The channel groups work really nice !

The horizontal view in general is quite messy, and hard to read...

Oh, where would you like me to send a MPTranslate.ini with Finnish translations ?

EDIT: Just tryed to schedule a program to be recorded on wednesday, and the web interface returned a blank page and crashes (i get the microsoft windows error screen)... this only happens on the new version 0.1.1.5. I tryed to reset all services (SQL server, TV Service and Web Interface) with no luck. With Media Portal all seem to work fine...

EDIT2: Downgraded the Web Server to a clean install version 0.1.1.4 and everything seems to work ok and no more crashes. It would propably hang, if i try to schedule an allready running program so i won't test that. I got the FInnish translations merged into the Web Server, and there are quite a lot of "FINglish" that need some job. Big_Kev: how can i help you with this ?
best regards, Jerma.

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think this got lost kind of. But do you plan on making your WebInterface available for existing webservers like Apache ? This would be my greatest wish :D

-level20peon

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hey Kev!

Just tried the web interface with TvScheduler, but unfortunately I was not able to get things up and running :(

Got an error on TimeFormats.txt, but that was fixed by moving the file to C:\. Also got an error about a missing MPTranslate.ini, but that was fixed by dropping one of the translations posted here into Program Files\MP Web Interface.

What I was not able to fix was an error about the TV Server database not being found. A clean and empty install of TV Server was on the machine, and the "sa" user was able to connect to it (it was used to create the empty database).

Trying to log into the web page immediately gave a connection error: "database unavailable".

Since I was actually trying to test the TvScheduler page(s) you added no connection to the TV Server database was even needed for all I cared, but I guess your code currently always tries to connect to it?

Any idea?

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Version 0.1.1.6

Hi All,

I am still working on the connectivity issues that some people are having...

This new version I hope eliminates more of the possible causes - as well as creating a log file during initialisation of the Web Server.

The log file is in the App directory and is called "MPWebInt.log".

PLEASE let me know as soon as possible if this does / does not work.

I also found a few other bugs, so it would be a good idea to install this version anyway.

Regards
    Kev

I think this got lost kind of. But do you plan on making your WebInterface available for existing webservers like Apache ? This would be my greatest wish :D

-level20peon
    It is high on my "To Do" list as well.

When I get these other connectivity issues under control, I will start on an ISAPI dll version.

Kev

Hey Kev!

Just tried the web interface with TvScheduler, but unfortunately I was not able to get things up and running :(

Got an error on TimeFormats.txt, but that was fixed by moving the file to C:\. Also got an error about a missing MPTranslate.ini, but that was fixed by dropping one of the translations posted here into Program Files\MP Web Interface.

What I was not able to fix was an error about the TV Server database not being found. A clean and empty install of TV Server was on the machine, and the "sa" user was able to connect to it (it was used to create the empty database).

Trying to log into the web page immediately gave a connection error: "database unavailable".

Since I was actually trying to test the TvScheduler page(s) you added no connection to the TV Server database was even needed for all I cared, but I guess your code currently always tries to connect to it?

Any idea?

The interface still needs to connect to the TvLibrary databse to manage recordings (that is deleting recorded programs etc), so it still needs the connection.

You may be having the same connection issues that have been giving me trouble with some users - once these are solved, you may be able to connect as well.

Regards
    Kev

Hi Big_Kev.
    The horizontal view in general is quite messy, and hard to read...

I like the layout that you gave me a link to earlier. I will convert the Vertical view to this format.

Oh, where would you like me to send a MPTranslate.ini with Finnish translations ?

:D :D I will send you a PM:D :D

EDIT: Just tryed to schedule a program to be recorded on wednesday, and the web interface returned a blank page and crashes (i get the microsoft windows error screen)... this only happens on the new version 0.1.1.5. I tryed to reset all services (SQL server, TV Service and Web Interface) with no luck. With Media Portal all seem to work fine...

Could be another database change in the latest version of MP

I will upgrade and check for you - my SVN is getting a little old.

EDIT2: Downgraded the Web Server to a clean install version 0.1.1.4 and everything seems to work ok and no more crashes. It would propably hang, if i try to schedule an allready running program so i won't test that. I got the FInnish translations merged into the Web Server, and there are quite a lot of "FINglish" that need some job. Big_Kev: how can i help you with this ?
    best regards, Jerma.

If there is an english string that is not translating, try adding it to the MPTranslate.ini file. It must be typed exactly as it appears - case sensitive etc. with an "=" between it and the translation.

This may fix up most of the translations I have missed or since added.

Regards
    Kev

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom