Self Contained Web Server / Interface (4 Viewers)

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Hi All,

Sorry to repeat what I posted before but I am still having strange problems with random recordings and strange recording lengths. This started happening again right after I installed the webserver so it is definitely not a coincidence. Some recordings that I schedule (and later cancel) remain but are shown as 'manual' recordings inside mediaportal. Others will record at the right time with the right details but instead of recording the 1hr (etc) slot, the recording might carry on for 12 hours.

This is quite a big issue for me as it dramatically impacts the reliability of Mediaportal which I use every day. Anyone else seen this sort of behaviour?

I recall seeing this problem - with strange durations etc with the initial few versions of the query manager. I thought that I had eliminated them.

Try checking the database directly using the SQL Server Management Express (or MySQL query browser) and see what is in the schedule table.
If there are any strange, residual entries you can delete them manually.

Also open the BK-Queries database and make sure there are no entries in any of the tables, as these can re-generate the recording schedules.

Kev

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi All,

I have been away on my annual Christmas / New Year camping holiday down the South Coast... 3 glorious weeks with no mobile phone coverage, no laptop, no TV, no power.

Just got back today!

I think that the first order of business should be to organise some sort of proper bug tracking. I have not really had much experience with, so I am open to suggestions as to the best way to go about it.

Kev

Welcome back! I 2nd Mr.Montesa's suggestion for Google Code it seems to be commonly used for other plugins for MP like MPTVseries and the StreamedMP skin. Submitting bugs and enhancement requests is easy enough, and you can host your files and documentation there without worrying about your webhosting service.

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi,
    first thanks for this great tool.
    I have a Problem with epg data includung special characters in the Body or Header.
    e.g. " < > and so on.

Is there a possibility to convert this characters to HTML.

See latest release - should be fixed

Hi Kev!

The web interface repeat the shows when they are overlapped 12:00, 18:00 and 20:00.

See latest release

There are some changes to "overlapping". There should be no overlapping if you are not hiding finished programs, otherwise programs that start in one time block and finish in the next will repeat.

Long telecasts (like Olympics etc) will list in each time block where they start, end or span.

Kev

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Big_Kev,

Can you please enable requesting Enhancements via the Google Code site? I'd like to submit some enhancement requests.

Thanks.

gigilulu

Portal Member
    November 16, 2007
    I am very novice to all this & so please forgive my stupid questions.

(1) What is correct url entry for oztivo?
    (2) Do I need to tick "data is zipped"?

Thanks!

Brunz

Portal Member
    February 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi big, I have problems in PDA visualization, some pages don't work "recording schedule" for example, I try to make some modify, but not all works fine, yet.
    Why you don't make http APi? For example like this (XBMC | Web Server HTTP API), do so many people happy :D

Sorry for my bad english
    Brunz

ojessie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2008
    Innsbruck
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Big_Kev,
    Hi everybody,
    as I'm traveling a lot this program is really one of the cherries of MP.
    Compared to streaming I'm having a rather simple problem - hopefully.
    I installed the Web Server yesterday, following your guide and everything worked perfectly. Although I should mention that the TV guide was empty due to newly installed Web EPG which deleted the history.
    Today I still can access the Web Server but after the loggin nothing - just waiting for the guide but doesnt matter how long I wait nothing. I also recognized when I'm accessing the Web Server the CPU load increases to 50% and above.
    - I removed the Web Server and did a new installation no success
    - I nailed the channels down to "favoriten" following a hint no success
    - In your guide section logos you are showing some channels - in my MP Web Interface Manager in Logos there are no channels???
    - Basically the application is running because I can access the service from the same PC as well as from remote
    - I'm running MP 1.0 on Vista32 with all patches installed (check my profile)
    Any idea any help is highly appreciated.
    Thanks and best regards, ojessie

krikkit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2008
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    yep there is something broken with the 0.6.0.12 and 0.6.0.11 version.. have the same problem than you, 0.6.0.9 did work fine for me... hoping from a fix from big_kev :)

perhaps you can try a downgrad to 0.6.0.10 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom