Self Contained Web Server / Interface (1 Viewer)

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
hi,
now i have the server running and it works ,

only restart shutdown etc are not working.

What can i do that this will work? (this should resatrt the pc that runs the web/tvserver?)

Thanks cubii

K1lo

Portal Member
November 22, 2008
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi All,

Sorry to repeat what I posted before but I am still having strange problems with random recordings and strange recording lengths. This started happening again right after I installed the webserver so it is definitely not a coincidence. Some recordings that I schedule (and later cancel) remain but are shown as 'manual' recordings inside mediaportal. Others will record at the right time with the right details but instead of recording the 1hr (etc) slot, the recording might carry on for 12 hours.

This is quite a big issue for me as it dramatically impacts the reliability of Mediaportal which I use every day. Anyone else seen this sort of behaviour?

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi All,

Sorry to repeat what I posted before but I am still having strange problems with random recordings and strange recording lengths. This started happening again right after I installed the webserver so it is definitely not a coincidence. Some recordings that I schedule (and later cancel) remain but are shown as 'manual' recordings inside mediaportal. Others will record at the right time with the right details but instead of recording the 1hr (etc) slot, the recording might carry on for 12 hours.

This is quite a big issue for me as it dramatically impacts the reliability of Mediaportal which I use every day. Anyone else seen this sort of behaviour?

Never really had this problem. Do you use the query manager at all. I played with this once to see what it was about in a real early version and without knowing to much, it appeared as though I was getting random recodings. In actual fact, instead of just displaying the programs, it actually scheduled them. Should of read the manual on that one. Deleted all the queries and scheduled recordings and since then all is fine again. Once again this was on a real early verison of the web interface. It is a place to start.

Isnogud74

May 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    first thanks for this great tool.
    I have a Problem with epg data includung special characters in the Body or Header.
    e.g. " < > and so on.

Is there a possibility to convert this characters to HTML.

Sample:
    HTML_Char_Rendering_Bug.PNG

<a TITLE="header=[Die Küchenschlacht] body=[Johann Lafer sucht den Spitzenkoch
    Einmal als Koch zu Gast bei "Lanz kocht" sein. Jetzt kann der Traum eines jeden Hobbykochs in Erfüllung gehen. Von Montag bis zum Finale am Freitag treten sechs Hobbyköche gegeneinander an. Am Ende jeder Sendung entscheidet ein fachkundiger Feinschmecker und Experte, welcher Hobbykoch sein Kochfeld räumen muss und wer am nächsten Tag einen Gang zulegen darf. Der Gewinner der Woche schafft den Sprung zu "Lanz kocht". Rezepte ab 15.00 Uhr im ZDFtext -> 520 Deutschland, 2009]" href="javascript:load('12650')">Die Küchenschlacht</a

Alfrescoid

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi Big Kev...have been checking in frequently to see if you are around...I'm probably not the only one who misses you round here...hope all is well...

When can we expect to see you back around this neck of the woods? Any word on how any future versions are progressing?

Thanks for such a wonderful add-on!

Edit: BTW Congrats Big Kev for (just about) hitting a ton! almost 100 pages of forum generated! I must admit haven't read all of it (!) but I can't gush enough...this product rounds out MP...like cherry on a cake!

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi Kev!

The web interface repeat the shows when they are overlapped 12:00, 18:00 and 20:00. Pls find the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• mpwi.JPG
      mpwi.JPG
      66.4 KB

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi All,

I have been away on my annual Christmas / New Year camping holiday down the South Coast... 3 glorious weeks with no mobile phone coverage, no laptop, no TV, no power.

Just got back today!

I think that the first order of business should be to organise some sort of proper bug tracking. I have not really had much experience with, so I am open to suggestions as to the best way to go about it.

Kev

Mr.Montesa

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2006
    Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey big_kev,
    hope you had a great time. And nice for us, waiting for your return :)
    I think code.google.com could be a place for your project. The plugin "Moving-pictures" is hosted there too *LINK*.

And from technical point of view: What do you think about more modularity? Then you can open the project for other code submittors.
    Not that they change your cool software, but to add plugins.

An idea would be that the frontend is "skinable" like MediaPortal. Different subfolders which can be loaded in your admin panel. Then there is no need to write an own frontend for iPhones, PDAs, etc. They all can use your great piece of software.
    And you can concentrate on other important stuff. Maintaining many webfrontends (horitsontal/vertical/PDA) costs much efficiency, does it?
    Just my 2 cents.

BR

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi All,

I've seen this kind of behaviour too. After uninstalling of the webserver the problem is still there after 2 months. Deleted soms manual created schedules, sometimes the recordings programmed are recorded multiple times, first 0.00 min second 0.14 min, and the rest of it.
    Trying to find a way to delete them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom