MP2 - V2.1 Server shutting down every few hours (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The Sysytem_eventlog.csv says "
    Information;"21/01/2018 02:19:49";"Application Popup";"Application popup: MP2-Server.exe - Application Error : The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000409) occurred in the application at location 0x74726550.".
    This is Very Interesting.
    Yesterday I was scanning my very large Music section into MP2.1.3 and about 7hrs into the 1st pass the Mp2-Server process died.

Server Not Connected 01.jpg Server Not Connected 02.jpg

Application Event
    Faulting application name: MP2-Server.exe, version: 2.1.1712.10518, time stamp: 0x5a3969a2
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc00000fd
    Fault offset: 0x04a83fea
    Faulting process id: 0x7d8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d395e3f528e6a5
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\MP2-Server.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: 66472120-0216-11e8-81f2-f46d047a24fc
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

System Event
    The MediaPortal 2 Server Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is Very Interesting.
    This looks like something different. @desmond appears to have crashes because the system is running out of memory, yet his imports were finished.

You may want to open a separate bug report or maybe wait for the imporved importer of MP 2.2.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The behavior on your system suggests that the software has a memory hole, however, I don't recall ever having seen such 'Out of memory' messages before. That said I would rather rule out MP2. @Brownard , any idea why the importer eats up memory on this system?
    The only thing that stands out to me is all of the TV server related stuff, particularly the constant power event logging over and over again every few ms, which I don't think is normal.
    Code:
    [2018-01-24 11:02:05,812] [496158 ] [PowerEventThread] [DEBUG] - TV service PowerEventThread 49281
    [2018-01-24 11:02:05,812] [496158 ] [PowerEventThread] [DEBUG] - TV service PowerEventThread 49280
    [2018-01-24 11:02:06,815] [497161 ] [PowerEventThread] [DEBUG] - TV service PowerEventThread 49281
    @desmond could you test the server without the TV server plugin and see if it still crashes/consumes an ever growing amount of memory? It should be enough to stop the server, temporarily move the 'SlimTv.Service3' folder from 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins' (e.g. to your desktop), restart the server and see if you can reproduce. Just copy the folder back and restart the server to get TV server back again after the test.

desmond

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2013
    Home Country
    Ok, So here is a log taken the morning after the latest "crash" which happened overnight. Im using over the air sources for EPG bot on T2 and S2 receivers to almost completely populate my UK based system EPG.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-01-27-08.59.26.zip
      4.3 MB

desmond

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2013
    Home Country
    So i followed the advice to move the slim tv part away from mediaportal to stop the tv part of the server. The memory usage of the server starts of at a lower level, but it continues to increase at a similar rate. After 10 minutes of this activity i took another log and here it is. After 30 minutes the memory use was still going up with MP2 server so i restarted the machine after i moved the slim tv service back into the folder, so my wife could watch TV. So it seems to me that this inst related to the tv service? During these crashes only the local client is running, not the 2 remote clients, just to rule out that.

Thanks des.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-01-27-09.09.40.zip
      2.9 MB

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for the logs. Unfortunately I have no idea what's causing your issue, from the logs the server is just idle for the time period you mention and shouldn't be doing much at all. How much memory usage are you seeing/how fast is it rising?

desmond

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2013
    Home Country
    The memory usage increase is about 20mb in 3 minutes with the slim TV part running as normal. I have repeated the experiment with slim TV removed so will see how the memory usage looks after a few hours.

I really seriously considering going back to mp1, due to this issue mainly, but also other usability problems such as not all TV shows being found despite nfo files being made for them in TM. Can I somehow disable mp2 easily and install mp1, and copy across the TV server details with export and import? For me mp1 was great with a few plugins such as TV series and movies, and of course streamed MP skin. Sorry for being negitive on mp2...

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Can I somehow disable mp2 easily and install mp1
    Yes, right click the ServiceMonitor tray icon and click Stop service and Disable autostart to prevent it starting again on next system start
    copy across the TV server details with export and import?
    Yes, use the export/import functionality in the TV Server configuration,

desmond

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2013
    Home Country
    Thanks for your help. I haven't gave up yet, so after some more testing it seems that I was wrong when I said the memory issue was still present when slim TV was disabled, as after testing for longer I can say the server memory use does increase slightly at the start but settled down at between 120-140mb after a few hours so the problem is in the TV side of things. After 4 hours running with the slim TV enabled memory usage is about 500mb... So what should I do to narrow down what might be causing the issue in the TV server?

Thanks for all the help, it's been very useful. Cheers des.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    memory use does increase slightly at the start but settled down at between 120-140mb after a few hours
    This sounds like normal memory usage (y)
    So what should I do to narrow down what might be causing the issue in the TV server?
    Presumably you didn't have these issues under MP1, has anything changed on your system in the meantime, e.g. any new applications installed? Have you configured EPG grabbing, etc the same?
    It would be good to get to the bottom of what is causing all of the PowerEventThread messages, usually the only messages you should get there are system messages (power state changes, etc) but it seems there is some application that is spamming your system with messages. What other software are you running in the background that could be causing this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom