MP2 - V2.1 Server shutting down every few hours (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

desmond

Portal Pro
August 21, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This is a complete new install of Windows with a new motherboard, cpu and ram, so it's very different. It does have the same hard drive and TV cards. Other than drivers etc there is nothing else running in the background. It's a different ram drive program that was supplied with the motherboard, but that's the only big change. I use ram drive for timeshift.

I think EPG is setup the same, but maybe I should disable that and try? What is a power event thread? Is it related to power saving? Anything I should look for or disable?

The only other thing that is weird since I built this pc is that my RF keyboard has really really poor range now. I have tried different usb ports to no avail. I literally have to be within 1m of the dongel for it to work reliably so I'm wondering is usb is going into a power save? The keyboard and dongel work fine in another pc with about 10m range. Probably not related but though I would mention it just in case.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think EPG is setup the same, but maybe I should disable that and try?
    Worth a shot. It also seems from your logs that Windows Update is failing? Might be worth trying to resolve that.
    As a long shot you could try recreating your TV server database: Create an export of your existing database using the TV Server Configuration, stop the server, move or rename 'MP2TVE_3.s3db' under 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Database', restart the server to create a fresh database, then import from your export.
    Feel free to give MP1 a go (I won't be offended ;)), the TV implementations are basically identical so it would be interesting to see if you have the same issues.
    What is a power event thread?
    It's just the internal message pump used in TV Server to process Windows messages, it's specifically listening for power events so it can handle Sleep/Wake/etc properly, however it will pick up all 'global' messages on the system. The messages it's receiving aren't power messages, they are some sort of application specific message that something has registered to send messages between processes/applications, every second by the looks of it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom