Settings configuration inside MP (1 Viewer)

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    For now it is togglebutton (in code and skin), there was a temporary fix for replacing all togglebuttons for checkbuttons but this had some problems so patch is reverted and full fix is postponed for 1.4.0 for proper solution (at least, in MP all togglebuttons will be changed to checkbuttons -> http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=4044)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    There are a bunch of togglebuttons in MiniDipslay settings/xmls as well. You can only 'view' them if you enable MiniDisplay plugin and select one of the displays that provides 'Advanced' settings when you click the advanced button. SoundGraph Imon will display most of them but only a couple will display the remote and back-light options.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hello Deda, I'm wondering if adding the remote control section is possible.. (yes I know the irony of using a remote control to enable remote control support :p )

Perhaps this isn't the place to ask, but should 'remote control' enabling setting be in the installer?

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    +1 because I envision the next 'step' is a 'wizard' that links to the various settings pages to make setup for new users a whole lot easier. ;) (Deda is gonna shoot me :p)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Doug, do you remember the wizard we had a looooong time ago? Wasn´t to bad though ;)
    Maybe some code of that survived in any archive and can be reused? (Now Deda will shoot at me, too :p)

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes I remember, and parts of it were OK. IIRC we only removed the skin files, but code is still there. I'm sure Deda would know :p (now he is getting his machine gun to shoot us both).

Last edited:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    While we are annoying Deda, that remove comskip setting from video config, would it not be good to have only as a setting under MP's GUI TV settings (again default enabled), that way we can stop tourettes from nagging lol ;)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Agreed, but I hope @tourettes never stops nagging because a) he is often right b) it only means he cares more than most and c) I don't look quite so bad with all my nagging :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom