Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech Geek

Portal Pro
January 29, 2006
Denver, CO USA
Re: USA not supported?

Whiskers said:
I looked for a USA in the country setting but didnt find one. Is USA not supported?

Think NA as in North America. The XML TV devs don't seem to think there is a difference between Greenland, USA, Canada, Mexico and small island countries.

Jetboy

Portal Pro
April 15, 2005
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
brsexton said:
Ok guys, I have setup everything and it works good, but it just won't update itself. I have set it up to update everyday at 1AM, and it says it does, but the TV guide has to manually updated every few days or else it says "no tvguide data". Any idea's on what I need to do?

I'm having this problem too. I don't know what's causing it, but if I check the Task Manager in Windows, TVGuideScheduler.exe (or what it's called, I'm at work right now) is running. My workaround is to manually import it through the My Programs plugin, but I'll be happy to accept ideas on how to solve it.

brsexton

Portal Member
January 11, 2006
VA
Jetboy said:
brsexton said:
Ok guys, I have setup everything and it works good, but it just won't update itself. I have set it up to update everyday at 1AM, and it says it does, but the TV guide has to manually updated every few days or else it says "no tvguide data". Any idea's on what I need to do?

I'm having this problem too. I don't know what's causing it, but if I check the Task Manager in Windows, TVGuideScheduler.exe (or what it's called, I'm at work right now) is running. My workaround is to manually import it through the My Programs plugin, but I'll be happy to accept ideas on how to solve it.

Anyone??

Tech Geek

Portal Pro
January 29, 2006
Denver, CO USA
I believe there is some discussion about this in another thread. (I posted in it this morning)
The solution (temporary) was to create a batch file that runs a command line XMLTV grab. Then set up an event to run the batch file periodicly on it's own.

Tech Geek

Portal Pro
January 29, 2006
Denver, CO USA
I believe there is some discussion about this in another thread. (I posted in it this morning)
The solution (temporary) was to create a batch file that runs a command line XMLTV grab. Then set up an event to run the batch file periodicly on it's own.

Mykee

Portal Member
March 3, 2005
Hungary, Budapest
I have problem with channels in RC3:
- I grabbed channels with TVxB to xml file
- I go to MP settings window, and I see my channels and xml channels in one list.
- I deleted xml lines from channel list, but when reopen this window, then channels will be there again.
I think will be better channels pair with my channels to xml channels (like a diagram). If channels be paired, then will be happy.

Darrin2101

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Tampa
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Okay I've been hunting high and low for a step by step guide on how to set this up to get UK freeview listings. Can anyone help me?
I've had no real issues setting up the rest of MP but getting an online EPG has become a bit of a nightmare. It reminds of my days tring to get DOS games to run in Windows 95!!!

Spagbol

Portal Member
June 23, 2006
I couldn't get webepg or the built in XML grabber to work for UK channels no matter what I did so I use XMLTVGUI. Once it's set up you can just leave it and schedule it to run weekly (it automatically grabs 14 days of listings).
Here's what I did...
First off, I assume you have scanned your TV channels in MP.
1) Download XMLTVGUI from http://www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv, install it and when it's finished installing, run it.
2) In XMLTVGUI, click on Tools>Settings and in the Global Settings tab, set your time zone and set the 'Save Listings To' to C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\XMLTV\TVguide.xml.
3) In the Grabbers tab tick the UK_RT grabber, highlight it and then click on the Channels button.
4) This is where you tell it what channels to download data for. To add a channel, highlight it in the 'Available Channels' box and click the >> button. Now the channels you have in MP must be the same name as those you download data for (e.g. FilmFour in XMLTVGUI must be named FilmFour in MP, not Film Four or Film4 or Film 4 etc) so open the MP config utility and navigate to the Television/TV Channels frame. When you add a channel in XMLTVGUI make sure it is named exactly the same in MP (edit the name if necessary - I had to change quite a few).
5) Once you've added all the channels to your list and made sure they are named the same in MP, click OK until you get back to the main window in XMLTVGUI. Click the 'Grab Listings' button and in a few minutes it should have grabbed the data and saved it in the correct place for MP to use it.
6) Start MP and go to the EPG...

Now it's set up, you can just schedule the program to run automatically using the command "XmltvGUI.exe /Grab" in your scheduler of choice.
Hope that helps.

Darrin2101

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Tampa
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks a million Spagbol! Worked a treat.
If I were a girl I'd have your babies;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom