Setup for XMLTV in MP (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daij-Djan

Portal Member
January 23, 2005
better late than never:
as of '05 is the above still accurate?

Should I use xmltv's tvtoday grabber or should I go with the tvmovie's clickfinder solution?

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
If you have DVB first try the built in EPG grabber. It grabs while you´re watching from the whole transponder the channel is. If this doesn´t work for you, I can recommend Clickfinder. I use it since almost two years now and I´m happy with it.

Daij-Djan

Portal Member
January 23, 2005
mama said:
If you have DVB first try the built in EPG grabber. It grabs while you´re watching from the whole transponder the channel is. If this doesn´t work for you, I can recommend Clickfinder. I use it since almost two years now and I´m happy with it.
The EPGGrabber sounds good but is it supposed to work automaticly?
If not or how do I configure it?

If I dont use clickfinder / XMLTV the guide's empty :(

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
Yepp, should work automatically. I use it to fill the EPG with the channels not provided by Clickfinder.

But I use MP 012, not 013, as 013 made probs after the first install.

Daij-Djan

Portal Member
January 23, 2005
I do have dvb-s (nova-s) and in other programs I do have an epg... in MP though - nothing!
If I dont use clickfinder there is nothing in the tvguide :(

...maybe I should revert!?

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
Seems that there is a prob since an earlier CVS. I switched back to the latest working backup I had (012 + CVS). Unfortunately, I don´t really know which one it was...

orsonguels

June 26, 2005
Film title missing

Im in Spain and i have a problem with EPG listings here. When there's a movie, the title is included in the "sub-title" information in xlmtv file, but MP doesn't seem to read this information, so i cannot see any film title im watching. Does anybody have the same experience?

Thanks.

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    You have to modify the skin in order to show this information. I have done this modification to the Blue Two skin (0.1.3.0), If you want I can send you the file already modified. I'll probably upload it as a patch as well :) .

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Ok, I've submitted it as a patch.

It has a minor issue that will show an "Unknown" message when sub-title information is not present. But it's better that not being able to know the name of the movies!

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    I just add a ES grabber to Webepg. This doesn't put information into the sub-title field at the moment. So it will save you needing to modify the skins to get your movie titles.

Cheers,

/James

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom