SetupTV stopped working (1 Viewer)

wusel

Portal Pro
November 3, 2011
Home Country
So after a restart the TVservice doesnt work anymore and i dont know why. I tried to reinstall Tvserver (complete uninstall). But still Tvserver doesnt run.

Attachments

• Archive.7z
    5.9 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi wusel

Looks like a database problem. Please follow the instruction -->here<-- to attempt to repair the database.

mm

wusel

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi and thanks for the fast reply.
    I tried to repair but still get the same error

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Okay, then please try to ensure the TV Server database configuration is correct. To do that, run SetupTv.exe like this:
    1. Open the start menu.
    2. Type cmd then press enter.
    3. Type cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" (this should be the path to the TV Server install folder) then press enter.
    4. Type SetupTv.exe /configure-db and press enter. This should start TV Server configuration showing the database configuration window.
    5. Enter the correct parameters and then test whether the TV service will start.

mm

wusel

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2011
    Home Country
    EDIT: All my fault: I logged in to the wrong user-account..

By enter the correct parameters do you mean this?
    5QAyn.png

This was already entered after I did the /configure-db-thing

Last edited:

Rossco87

August 14, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hey,

This was the closest match to my problem that I could find. I've been trying to get TV working for a while with moderate success, when I came back to it to try again I find that I cannot get into the TV server configuration app, just comes up with the generic windows box saying "SetupTV.exe has stopped working" same thing happens when I run the above command line shown in #4 (didn't think it was relevant but thought what the hell :p )

Everything else in MediaPortal and the other config applications work perfectly and I'm getting to the point where I might go for a re-install but I'm reluctant to go down that road because of the time I've invested it it so far.

When the app crashes the following gets logged in the event viewer:

"P7: 484
    P8: 398
    P9: System.BadImageFormatException
    P10:

Attached files:
    C:\Users\Media\AppData\Local\Temp\WER35D4.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_setuptv.exe_beadb6282a3ed46e15a3213249e47f2773834b8_0718483b

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 4a6db3f8-f072-11e1-9749-001d600bf101
    Report Status: 0"

So, question is, does anyone know whats gone wrong\how do I repair the bad image format exception?

followup question: Is it possible to do a repair installation of the TV server and client if needs be without affecting the main MediaPortal program?

I'm running Windows 7 SP1 x86 with MediaPortal 1.2.3.0

Thanks in advance :)

Users who are viewing this thread