Short "sped up video" segments... (1 Viewer)

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Using AC3 filter as the audio decoder in MP fixes this problem for me. Make sure to verify that it is actually being used in graphedit because I have had some issues with the MPA filter taking over even when its not set.
same thing here. MPA + DTS out spdif just doesn't work. I unregister MPA manually and install/configure AC3filter and all problems go away!

how do you unregister MPA manually?

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
well as an update months later....

I now just installed the SAF codec pack/directions. It works GREAT on dolby digital. With DTS, I get the short sped up video segments again...and it's driving me crazy. Any tips now??

Gusete

Portal Member
May 18, 2009
Madrid
Home Country
Spain Spain
I had this problem (speed up video) for ages with 720p and 1080p MKV's DTS tracks when set to passtrough. At some point, after trying loads of configurations that didn’t really helped, I decided to process DTS with AC3. With AC3 processing, although the video didn’t speed up anymore, the sound lost the DTS punch.

Recently I gave the issue another chance and bumped into Spdifer | AC3Filter. Now, at first wiew it seemed to me the same thing as to set the AC3 codec to passthrough the sound but I finally decided to install the program and play a bit with it.

Right now my receiver shows that the video is played using the DTS soundtrack and there is no video speed up anymore!!

I had and still have the last CCCP and CoreAVC 1.95 installed before but only got rid of the DTS video jumps after installing and configuring Spdifer as per the atached pictures.

It did Fix the issue for me so I will put the "fixed" banner just for heads up for others with the same problem.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    69.3 KB
  • ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    60.2 KB
  • ScreenShot003.jpg
    ScreenShot003.jpg
    72.5 KB
  • ScreenShot004.jpg
    ScreenShot004.jpg
    59.6 KB

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
I had this problem (speed up video) for ages with 720p and 1080p DTS tracks in passtrough mode. At some point after trying loads of configurations that didn’t really helped I decided to process DTS with AC3 and although the video didn’t speed up anymore the sound lost the DTS punch.

Recently I gave the issue another chance and bumped into Spdifer | AC3Filter. Now, it seemed the same thing as to set AC3 to passthrough the sound but I installed the program and set it within MP configuration as

1 Enabled as audio decoder in Video Player

2 Enabled as Video post processing in Video Player

3 MPA Decoder with AC3 and DTS settings to S/PDIF In Direct Show Filter Control

Right now my receiver shows that the video is played using the DTS soundtrack and there is no video speed up anymore!

It did Fix the issue for me so ill put the "fixed" banner just for heads up for others with the same problem.

Ok, so let me get this straight because I'm having problems still...

1. Enable AC3 FILTER as audio decoder in the MPConfig "Video Player" options panel.
2. Enable ??? In the MPConfig "Video Player" - "Video Post Processing" ??? <<<---- Help here please!
3. Again, please explain here too...

Does SPDIFER do anything for you? Is it installed?
What settings do you select in AC3 options? Are DTS AND AC3 passthrough selected?

Thanks!

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can´t believe it. :D

I´ve had problems with stuttering DTS Sound and smooth 24p playback for weeks.
    Yesterday i´ve testet Spdifer for the stutter DTS Sound and it helped!
    But no smooth 24p playback of 1080p mkv....

Now i have read the Post from Gusete and i give it a try. I just added Spdifer to the Video Postprocessing Section
    and Y E A H. Smooth, perfect 24p Playback AND finally NO DTS stutter.

This is what i´m using:

SAF 3.47

In "Videos/Video Player" use Spdifer for MPEG / AC3 Audio Decoder.
    (I have set AC3 and DTS to passtrough, all Settings in Spdifer @default)

In "Videos/Video Postprocessing" insert Spdifer and activate it. Don´t change the default Settings.
    (without this i have good DTS but no smooth 24p playback)

Thats all.

Hope this helps others too. :D

shackrock

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Home Country
    Crap, niether of these worked.

With SPDIFER as the audio processor + SPDIFER under video post processing, I get NO output with DTS.
    With MPC as the audio processor + SPDIFER under video post processing, I get very very choppy output with DTS.

I think I'vetried nearly every other combo too...no luck all around.

bazzz

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Shackrock, have you tried using the full AC3filter package for audio? This fixed the problem for me when it arose again. I had to play around with a number of options to get DTS output to work; if you still have problems let me know and I'll post some screenshots of my config.

ftothe3

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    Home Country
    i've been putting up with this issue for months now, but decided to finally tackle it. i tried all the different configs posted here. none worked. finally i decided to try reclock. all seems to be working perfectly! here's what my setup looks like.
    T1UUE.jpg

also, you don't need to put spdifer in the post processing IF you don't have ffdshow audio set to decode AC3 or DTS (they must be set to disabled)
    z3H82.jpg

edit: also want to recommend graphstudio. it really helps make sure the right codecs are decoding your videos

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I had this problem (speed up video) for ages with 720p and 1080p MKV's DTS tracks when set to passtrough. At some point, after trying loads of configurations that didn’t really helped, I decided to process DTS with AC3. With AC3 processing, although the video didn’t speed up anymore, the sound lost the DTS punch.

Recently I gave the issue another chance and bumped into Spdifer | AC3Filter. Now, at first wiew it seemed to me the same thing as to set the AC3 codec to passthrough the sound but I finally decided to install the program and play a bit with it.

Right now my receiver shows that the video is played using the DTS soundtrack and there is no video speed up anymore!!

I had and still have the last CCCP and CoreAVC 1.95 installed before but only got rid of the DTS video jumps after installing and configuring Spdifer as per the atached pictures.

It did Fix the issue for me so I will put the "fixed" banner just for heads up for others with the same problem.

Can you post graph? I somehow didnt want to belive, that spdifer is in use...

Gusete

Portal Member
    May 18, 2009
    Madrid
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Can you post graph? I somehow didnt want to belive, that spdifer is in use...

Hello, Sorry for the late answer... I´ve been far away from my HTPC for a while

I will post the only 2 kind of graphs I get from my MKVs, one with subtitles and the other without. I hope they may help.

My HTPC experience since I switched to Spdifer has been great. I still remember the video judder I used to have with DTS tracks only to better enjoy how now the video flows.

Attachments

• ScreenShot005.jpg
      ScreenShot005.jpg
      43.6 KB
    • ScreenShot006.jpg
      ScreenShot006.jpg
      53.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom