Single Seat - Unable to connect to Database (1 Viewer)

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi,
    Tried to use MediaPortal and it seems to have lost the database.
    I am a bit stumped as to how to proceed now.
    Any tips would be most welcome.
    Regards

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Tried to use MediaPortal and it seems to have lost the database.
    That would be strange.
    You're talking about the TV Server database, right?
    What are you seeing that makes you think it is missing?

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi mm1352000,
    If I try to get TV or EPG etc, after a time out, I get the dialogue to change or edit the server name, (which shows the server name correctly as it's the local machine).
    So I enter the 'Change' procedure and confirm the server and select 'Done' and it tells me 'Unable to connect to Database' and all IP Ports appear to be fine.
    There is no Firewall or security software on the machine.
    Network is OK.
    I just assumed that the database must be missing or corrupted for MediaPortal to suddenly loose it's marbles like this.
    That's why I posted the Log.
    I saw in the Forum that this can happen when there are Network or Firewall issues, so now that you have confirmed it is unusual I guess it's a re-install?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I honestly don't see the problem in your log files, and I think reinstalling is a bad idea. You're likely to cause more problems than you solve if you do that.

Next time the problem happens, please could you post fresh log files and specify the date/time when the problem occurred so I can check your logs properly. Alternatively, if you remember the date/time when the problem occurred in the log files you already posted then I'd be happy to take a second look.

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    It's happening all the time.
    There is no way to use MediaPortal because I get no TV, EPG, Recorded TV etc.
    Whatever I try to do I get a time out and then the "Change Server" dialogue comes up as it cannot find a Database.
    The logs I posted are logs when this is happening.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Your logs just don't match what you're saying.
    Are you sure you've posted the right log files? The ones you posted are from 21 July, which is quite odd given that we're now in August...
    Even if they're the right log files, I'd respectfully ask you to reproduce the problem again with the watchdog using option 1 or 2, and post the fresh log files. These existing log files are not helping...

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi, Those are the logs that Watchdog generated a few minutes before I posted. I am at work now so cannot check but I remember a couple of occasions when MediaPortal had a different time and date to the computer time. Maybe that's why the logs are dated in the past. I will run Watchdog again when I get back tonight and repost. Thanks for your attention to this. Much appreciated.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Mm, as i remember I saw some socket exceptions in old logs. Also i saw tvseries database corruption.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    [2015-07-20 14:05:43,158] [Log ] [4 ] [ERROR] - Exception :confused:ystem.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Remoting configuration failed with the exception 'System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
    it seems that TopicStarter somehow managed to start second instance of TVService.
    But i agree with mm1352000 - these entries are too old to analyze - @technoweary should supply logs with latest observations

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    I have a feeling that the run time exception was somewhere between the chair and the keyboard..... I posted the wrong file.
    Please accept my apologies and see the one I should have posted.

Users who are viewing this thread