[Skin release] SimpleMP Beta 4 (MP 0.2.3.0) (1 Viewer)

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    if no one else is willing I will attempt to create the TV screens, though it may take a little while as I haven't any experience in skinning MP yet.

Sure, I'll send you an PM.

Also on my system I noticed that I can't get into "Now Playing" in My Music with your skin.. is that just me or is this something you know about ?

Your right, have not seen this before. The Now Playing screen does not appear. I'll take a look at this tonight. Thanks for reporting!

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi mikael, your "Now Playing" screen in My Music is missing the tags and tracks lists (as well as any ratings but these aren't essential to this screen), just had a brief look as I ran into the same problem as swifty. Have a look at the end of the same xml in B2 and you will see what I mean :). Very nice beta though ;).
    By the way I would also be intersted in those 16x9 graphics ;)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    mikael, thanks so much for the great skin. The larger fonts are great, and even when I increase them, all the text is visible and in the boxes correctly. Hooray!

Is there any topbar? I can't seem to get it to display!

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    No, I haven't created a topbar for the skin since I don't see any use of it on my HTPC. What do you use the topbar for? Mouse controls?

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Nice, my laptop runs much smoother with this, as it seems to struggle where my main PC's ok with other skins.

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Sounds strange, how can it struggle on your AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (1.8Ghz) when it runs smoothly on my PIII 650 Mhz? Must be a direct x failure... or a bad SVN

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Sounds strange, how can it struggle on your AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (1.8Ghz) when it runs smoothly on my PIII 650 Mhz? Must be a direct x failure... or a bad SVN

:oops: that wasn't very clear, now i've re-read it.

I meant that my AMD 64 runs Blue Two, PMIII, Mepo etc. fine (and SimpleMP!).

But my laptop doesn't run BlueTwo, PMIII etc that well; there's a bit of a lag when changing screens; but by using your skin my laptop runs mediaportal much more smoothly.

I assume the problems with other skins are due to the rubbish built in graphics chip (ATI 7500 I think); as its a Pentium M 1700mhz with 1GB ram.

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Oh, good to hear! I think it's because SimpleMP has light weight gfx's and doesn't use the zoom-transition.

Btw, I have started the design of the TV section...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom