[Skin release] SimpleMP Beta 4 (MP 0.2.3.0) (1 Viewer)

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Mikael

I was going to have a go at trying to get the MP TV-Series plugin working with your skin, if thats ok, as I use it a lot.

I just wanted to check I wouldn't be duplicating any effort on your part?

Probably it'll take a while, as this is my first time playing around with skins. Did you base your skin on Blue Two originally?
    :D

Regards

Derek

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Of course that's ok, I haven't used the TV-Series plugin yet and therefore it isn't supported in beta 2. Please help me to add it!

Originally the skin is based on the old MCE one, but currently I'm converting it to BlueTwo's xml base.

I have made a new version (pre Beta 3 ) of the skin this weekend with a lot of xml updates. Send me a PM with your e-mail and I will send you the latest test version.

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    PM sent.

Having looked further into it, shouldn't be too much work to port it to the SimpleMP skin. (Now I've said that, no doubt its going cause me a headache!:D )

xemumanic

Portal Pro
    March 19, 2006
    East Strondsburg PA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Of course that's ok, I haven't used the TV-Series plugin yet and therefore it isn't supported in beta 2. Please help me to add it!

Originally the skin is based on the old MCE one, but currently I'm converting it to BlueTwo's xml base.

I have made a new version (pre Beta 3 ) of the skin this weekend with a lot of xml updates. Send me a PM with your e-mail and I will send you the latest test version.

My problem with Blue Two is that I can't switch audio tracks from within the OSD in video files (Divx/OGM/MKV). Saying that you plan to convert it to BlueTwo's xml base sort of scares me.

Maybe I don't understand, but isn't the purpose/vaule of this skin is that its different? Or is converting the xml just to gain features BluTwo has?

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    No no, I have no plans to remove any features of this skin as long as they are supported in the MP builds.

What I ment was that I'm currently updating all xml's to include support for the new code base (for example animations, the new home plugin etc). BlueTwo is a good template for me to use. The functions and look will remain.

xemumanic

Portal Pro
    March 19, 2006
    East Strondsburg PA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I get it now.

Blue Two IS the default skin, and the poster child for most every feature the skinning engine has. But it lacks a number of things that should alreay be there, and audio track switching is just one of many.

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I know that you don't have a TV card but I though would like to know if it is possible to implement TV Server support. I just copied "mytvhome.xml" and renamed it to "mytvhomeserver.xml" and "mytvscheduler.xml" and renamed it to "mytvschedulerserver.xml". This seems to work partially since I can display the TV Server Stream but ie if I pause the timeshifted stream there is displayed "#TV.Record.current" instead of the time index. Im not able to make this fix myself since my xml knowledge is really small =)

All that I know is that your skin is the only one that runs smooth on my system since I don't have a dedicated graphic-card. I also prefer this skin because its a simple layout without unneccessary fancy animations and "blingbling" ;-)

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Just want you to know that there are big things happening to this skin behind the scenes right now, beta 3 is approaching...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom