[skin update] "theatre" simple to use and nice to view (2 Viewers)

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Can anyone explain how to change the pictures in homescreen? I edit the RadioTime.xml to change the picture and also tried replace the old picture with the new picture having the same names.

Please help.

when you say pictures what do you mean? the background images?

if you are using my mod you will need to place images in /media/animations/movies or /media/animations/tv depending on what images you want displayed for what item is selected

if you are using the origainl skin, replacing the pictures with a file of the same name should work, just make sure that you have the same files extention as well (ie the files you are replacing must be a .png file or they wont work)

hope that helps

KYLe

petrovice

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Bamberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP 1.1 Beta1 and theatre

FYI:
    The FadeLabel Bug with the text being cut off when scrolling has been resolved with MP 1.1 Beta1 :)
    Also the MyMusicPlayingNow.xml path to the Artist Pictures is working in Beta1/Windows 7 - if you have problems you can now use the alternative path to the images --> ..\..\..\Thumbs\Music\Artists\#Play.Current.Artist L.jpg

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    hi all

i just wanted to upload this now as im about to go on holidays for a bit, this is the latest source code for what i have done so far, it was a bit rushed so there are still lots of bugs but hopefully its useable for now and ill fix the rest of the bugs when i get back :)

there are no real changes in the way the skin looks just some bug fixes as highlighted below, but the editor now allows you to choose to combine elements from the origainal skin with elements of new and mix and match as you choose!

BUG Fixes-

- filmstrip view no longer cuts off the last item
    - small adjustments to some elements to improve scaling
    - adjusted myweather to make it easier to quickly see the current weather
    - some visibility bugs fixed

anyway enjoy but remember to backup and use this at your own risk its a very early release of the editor!

Attachments

• SkinEditor.zip
      30.6 KB

ammmze

Portal Member
    April 14, 2006
    Hyperspace
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Bug for Video Playback

I just installed 1.1.0.0 Beta 1 and installed this skin again, and I am still having issues with stopping video playback. Does anyone else have this problem. It seems ever since the re-make done by nanogod, then I couldn't stop video playback without having to open task manager to shutdown mediaportal. Maybe the original one did it too, I never tried the two together, but Blue3Wide works just fine when stopping video, so it must be either something with the skin engine in the new version of mediaportal or something in the skin itself. I hope it is just in the skin, because then hopefully we can fix it easier.

EDIT:
    So far this is the only skin that is having the problem. I just went to my desktop to try it and if I run Blue3 it works fine, Indigo 4x3, it's fine, but theatre is a no go, at least v.08 and on doesn't work properly. I am trying to figure out how to fix it. When I open the mediaportal.log file I see it getting stuck in a loop trying to go back to previous window. Here is what the line is that is being looped..."[Debug][MPMain]: Windowmanager: Goto previous window"

EDIT 2:
    I just found a copy of the old .07 version that I had made some mods to and it seems to work fine for video. Anyways, I guess that is all I got for now. My guess is that maybe there are identical window id's somewhere in the skin files. But I will have to look more in depth when I have more time.

petrovice

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Bamberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can confirm, that this is a bug of theatre 0.8! This issue also occurs when stopping TV in Fullscreen. Would be very nice if you could find the error in the skin files. Nanogod has this bug already on his long list, but suddenly he is still very busy and has no time to work on it.

ammmze

Portal Member
    April 14, 2006
    Hyperspace
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    okay I think I fixed the video issue. It was in the common.play.progressbar.xml file. I think all those <animation> elements that are within a <control> element are causing the problem. So I commented them out and it seems to work fine now. I attached my new file if you wanna test it out. I am pretty tired now (since its 1am) but maybe I will test changing those animations from activating on WindowOpen or WindowClose to visiblechange. I think that is probably the way they are supposed to be, but I will test that later, so for now I just removed some of the fading animations that may or may not have worked previously...lol, I never did check to see if those animations were actually doing something.

Attachments

• common.play.progressbar.xml
      30.7 KB

dakota_ii

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    Hi,

in Order to use this nice skin, I upgrade from 1.0.0.0 RC2 to 1.0.2.0 stable today. Thanks for sharing this skin.

I have a problem with the MyTVSeries plugin. The episode thumbnails do not show up in the theatre skin. In the Blue3Wide skin the how up fine.

And please add support for the MyFilms plugin !!! :)

Marcus

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    okay I think I fixed the video issue. It was in the common.play.progressbar.xml file. I think all those <animation> elements that are within a <control> element are causing the problem. So I commented them out and it seems to work fine now. I attached my new file if you wanna test it out. I am pretty tired now (since its 1am) but maybe I will test changing those animations from activating on WindowOpen or WindowClose to visiblechange. I think that is probably the way they are supposed to be, but I will test that later, so for now I just removed some of the fading animations that may or may not have worked previously...lol, I never did check to see if those animations were actually doing something.

I can confirm this now fixes the stop issue when playing video, as for the animations i have just removed them completly from the file. I might look at putting them back in but thats way down in the list of things to do

thanks for working that one out ammmze :)

if there are any other coding bugs in the skin or editor please let me know, as for design and scaling problems I cant realy comment on these and they will most liking need to wait untill nanogod has time to finish the next release :)

cheers

KYLe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom