skip time of 4 mins (1 Viewer)

markius

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Maidstone, UK
Home Country
England England
I was thinking about how to make it as customizable but also as "tidy" as possible and the idea of using a text box seems like a good one.

Just one thing though, perhaps the skips should be entered as minutes or parts thereof, so:
would become:

So that the textbox can be shorter and there is less maths is involved. I don't like maths!

M

Peter Pan

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
Kiel
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all,

I have the problem that the MP skips to complete wrong position.

how accurate works the skipping at your systems?

DalaNorth

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2006
    Skellefteå, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    OK, I see what you mean... Unfortunately, my solution was hard enough to implement in the configuration tool (with all user error handling) and would be near impossible to make easy to use from within MP, so I won't even bother submitting a patch right now.

rtv: Do you think it would be OK (for the configuration within MP) to keep the existing checkboxes, add a label showing the advanced configuration string and two buttons with "Add skip time" and "Remove skip time"? The add skip time would produce a text entry dialog and the remove skip time would produce a list to select a skip time to remove. If a non-standard skip time is added, the label would be updated with a new configuration string and if a standard skip time is entered, the corresponding checkbox would also be checked. (and vice versa for removing). It would be a bit cumbersome, I'll give you that, but I think rather few people have use for this and the ones that do, well they want it so bad they wouldn't mind the extra work...

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It would be a bit cumbersome, I'll give you that, but I think rather few people have use for this and the ones that do, well they want it so bad they wouldn't mind the extra work...

Why do you ask if you seem to know my answer? :D

DalaNorth

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2006
    Skellefteå, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Upcoming patch

OK, I'm just about ready to post a patch. However, I believe that there is still some work to be done, so I thought I'd post some information and the patched files here first, to get some feedback. So please, consider the information and feel free to try the patch out and get back to me.

Changes:
    --------
    Configuration tool: (GeneralSkipSteps.cs)
    User can now manually enter a string with comma-separated skip steps (in seconds).

Configuration within MP: (GUISettingsSkipSteps.cs)
    User can now add/remove custom skip steps by clicking the new add/remove buttons. The complete current configuration string is always shown at the bottom of the page.

Player: (g_player.cs):
    Uses the new configuration string for skipping.

New strings: (strings.xml)
    Added two new strings: 200039 and 200040, Add skip step, Remove skip step. Needs translating I guess.

Skin: (settingsSkipSteps.xml)
    For BlueTwo. Added two new buttons and two new labels. Moved the "Default" button. Needs to be added to other skins as well.

Backwards compatibility
    -----------------------
    Old versions of MediaPortal.xml can still be loaded. The configuration string will be parsed and converted to the new method.
    User can still configure using only checkboxes if he/she prefers.

Missing features/good to know
    ---------------------------------------
    I have no support for adding strings like 1h30m or anything of the sort. The steps must be entered in seconds.
    If the entered number is greater than 60, whole minutes must be entered. So possible values are 1-60, 120, 180, 240 etc.
    Maximum skip time is 3 hours.
    Steps must be entered in the correct order. If the configuration tool is used, the text field will turn angrily red until the correct format is entered. This means that if you have the string: 15,45 and want to add 30 in between, the textfield will turn red after pressing 3, since it's not in the right order, but when you press the 0 it will go back to white. So: don't panic if the field turns red, just keep typing.

OK, happy testing!

Regards
    DalaNorth

Peter Pan

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2004
    Kiel
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi TesterBoy,

yes it seems to be the same problem.

The only difference is that I use the TVEngine3.

Maybe they use the same DS-Filters and the problem is a bug in one of the filters?

Users who are viewing this thread