Sky GO UK (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, I noticed a new / update to Sky GO site was pushed recently. Who is maintaining this site as I'm curious if it's working for them and others, I seem to be having issues with it.

- Programs launch to black screen (after some website navigation) occasionally
    - Timeout getting dynamic categories for Sky Movies (when entering the menu item from the main category list)
    - When the above does work, if I navigate to SCIFI movies for instance, it loads up 11 movies.. but on the website there are many more than this
    - Frame rate issues? Seems to be jerky (very possibly my settings, but I don't have this with any other site so far before)
    - Is it possible to force higher quality? I'm on Sky 80/20mb fibre but it doesn't seem to be loading up the highest bitrate?

Sometimes things do work great though! hoping it can be fixed because this site is awesome :D

Thanks!

Last edited:

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Is it possible to force higher quality? I'm on Sky 80/20mb fibre but it doesn't seem to be loading up the highest

Hi,

I created this site and it does work OK for me generally, hopefully the below will answer your question:

- I occasionally get this, but closing and re-opening the program seems to work - I think it's browser resource related
    - Unfortunately, it sometimes takes a while to retrieve the listings for the larger categories - I've found setting the timeout to a minute or so is enough to grab all listings - if I get a chance I'll see if I can improve this
    - The missing movies is due to the above timeout
    - I'm not sure the last 2 are solvable with the plug in, you may need to look at something on your machine. As far as I'm aware Silverlight (the plug in which Sky Go uses) uses adaptive video - it will change the quality/framerate based on certain parameters. It may be the Silverlight configuration on your machine needs to be changed or there's a virus checker interfering? Maybe check that you can play the videos OK on Internet Explorer on that machine - if you right-click a playing video there may also be settings in there which will help.

Thanks

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I'll have a play around and see if its working ok on the web outside of mepo. Made me happy when I saw a working Sky Go site, great work!

How do I change the timeout? Is it hard coded or part of OV settings?

Thanks!!

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    The playback issues appear to be skys side. Trying to sort it with them thanks.

Are there plans to add the live TV channels to the site or is it not possible?

Thanks for creating the site :)

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Coo, I didn't know this existed - thanks for pointing it out. Doesn't work for me though, it lists available programs but nothing happens when I choose one to watch, I get a quick flash of a blank screen then back to the list. I've configured my username and password in the onlinevideos config, is there any further config to be done? Sky Go works in a browser. Where would I find logs?

Thanks,

Jon.

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Are there plans to add the live TV channels to the site or is it not possible?

I haven't looked at live TV yet, although it should be possible. I'll see if I can take a look in the next couple of weeks.

Where would I find logs?

It'll log to the standard OnlineVideos log if it gets that far, if it's closing immediately it probably isn't getting far enough. This plugin only works with MP 1.7, is this the version you're running? And do you have the latest version of OV?

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    I've just added live tv to Sky Go - enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom