Not open for further replies.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have the same problem... DJBlue do you think you can recompile the patch for latest SVN?

Thanks

bigflause

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    this is now included in the latest SVN. so don't overwrite with file on the first post.

All SVN's from now on will include this amazing patch.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    this is now included in the latest SVN. so don't overwrite with file on the first post.

All SVN's from now on will include this amazing patch.

It isn't m8.

Just Freesat is.

I will be including Sky UK in a few weeks.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    Ok here is a first attempt. Please note that this is an alpha and there might be faults.

This file will now give your channels the Sky LCN's in your relevant Area and it will place them into Categories "Entertainment".

I cannot implement the speed search function yet as the PAT lookup is a PITA at the moment.

You can do a regular search on 28.2e and it will set it up like your Sky Box.

Ok FIRSTLY and I mean this, BACK UP YOUR CHANNEL LIST , you can do this by exporting your channel list. Now BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL TSWRITER.AX .

With that done.

You will notice a new file, regions.txt.

Open this file and you will see a list of regions. To enable yours simply remove the '#' from the line and save the file.

Stop your TV Server.

Copy all the files to the TV Server directory.

Start your TV Server.

You can optionally delete all the 28.2e channels.

Now go to the Scan satellite page. Make sure "Create groups for providers" is enabled.

Now click Scan.

:D

If you wish to scan other satellites then rename the regions.txt file and disable the 28.2e sat in your configuration.

I have removed the file due to errors. I will re-upload later. Appologies, but it isn't good enough for release.

Has this file been re-released yet and can I try it with 1.0.2 as I'd rather not put 1.1.0 on just yet. :D

Poko

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi there.

Thanks for this most welcome addition to MP! It is certainly most appreciated.

I have a question which you may or may not be able to help me with.
    I am using UK freesat, and the EPG works fine. However, slowly but surely, over time, the entries become populated with complete gobledegook, including strange symbols, and nonsensical words.
    Sometimes the entry starts off with some of the program name and description, and gets appended with basically rubbish.

If I stop the EPG, restart the TV service, and get MP to rebuild the EPG, it's fine again for a short while.

Have you got any ideas what might be causing this?

Incidentally, a 28.2 sat scan comes back with some 1200 channels, most of which are encrypted (obviously) but some (maybe 3 or so) are returned with garbage names (such as "\`¤Íj¸ÂR[Á´2Z¸Á¤5\`¤×N«!õ\aIcUÆ5qz®0@ÉðXßÈ,hé5¡«4ýO<c˯§pG1{¤=®")

I obviously delete those ones, but I'm wondering if it's indicative of an underlying problem somewhere that you might be able to help me identify.

Would logs be useful? (If so, which ones?) Or is it something that you might know off the top of your head?
    Signal level and quality aren't 100%, but the feeds are certainly watchable.

Any pointers would be fab, and if more info is required, than I would be more than happy to supply it. Heck, I'll even provide a TS session if it would help!

Thank you very much

Oh, and with regards to MP versions.. it has basically been the same for me for all versions of MP from about 0.2.3.
    I'm using the 1.1 Alpha now (with Windows 7 - everything Vista SHOULD have been!)

Thanks again

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    over time, the entries become populated with complete gobledegook, including strange symbols, and nonsensical words.
    I'm not using the latest release of djBlu's code (I'm not really interested in the Sky channel order stuff and the version I'm using is working well), but FWIW my EPG has had some rubbish in it a few times, very rarely though. In my case it has gone away on its own when the EPG updates again, so I assume it's just a reception problem when the EPG is being read.

Rob

bakerpr

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2009
    Home Country
    This is probably worth a seperate post but I can confirm all the same symtoms with both vista and windows 7 using the latest alpha release.

metropolis

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Orpington
    Home Country
    Yes, when using the latest SVN, mediaportal-svn-08-08-2009--14-40-Rev23361, there a a lot of gaps in my EPG, Sky UK with DVB-T. I have to use the old March TSwriter.ax just to fill up my EPG, then revert back to the current one. Awaiting BJBlu's new fix. Sterling work though.

Many thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom