Slacker? (1 Viewer)

Viscouse

Portal Member
July 10, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I did a Google search & a MP forum search and turned up butkis.

Can anyone tell me if I just missed something or if there is no Slacker plugin?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nope, no slacker plugin, lots of other ones doing similar things, Last.fm is the first one to spring to mind, then Rockstar.

Viscouse

Portal Member
    July 10, 2010
    Home Country
    Yeah yeah. It's just that I got all my stuff in Slacker just the way I like is all. Should've checked here first!

Thanks!

Viscouse

Portal Member
    July 10, 2010
    Home Country
    userjan, thanks for the assist. Finally got it all working nicely.

I have 2 questions for you since it seems you use this.
    1. Do you use a remote to launch Slacker (from the shortcut in MP firing up Kylo)? If so, how do you bind a key to a Home menu item (I probably need to search for this)
    2. Do you use the remote for any browser functions like Next, Like, Ban, etc? If so, how on earth did you did that?

I think I may have to write some AutoIt scripts to get those done!

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Viscouse

Portal Member
    July 10, 2010
    Home Country
    Hmmm. I don't seem to see that option in the Settings section. Am I missing something?

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did it from memory, should have known I can't trust that...

"In the Settings menu, under Controls, there’s now a checkbox labeled “Allow arrow keys to control cursor”. If this checkbox is turned on, then Kylo will be set up to respond to the keyboard arrow keys (up, down, left and right), moving the mouse cursor on the screen in response to keyboard presses. The Enter key becomes mapped to a mouse left button, to click on links or on the Kylo buttons"

Viscouse

Portal Member
    July 10, 2010
    Home Country
    Silly memory! That's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

This isn't going to work for me since I want to be able to do a few things via remote. Unfortunately, I'm not anywhere near knowing how to make a plugin, so I'll use tools I'm familiar with.

I want to be able to do the following:
    1. Switch "Stations" (I have 4...one for each family member)
    2. Ban Song
    3. Ban Artist
    4. Love
    5. Skip

I will first try to write AutoIt scripts to do these and report back what the progress is! Eventually I'll map (outside of MePo) remote buttons to the scripts.

Users who are viewing this thread