Smart TV (1 Viewer)

nathanp

July 3, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all, new to Media Portal and so far loving it.

Not sure if the question has been asked before, though is there an app or way for my smart tv / smart phone to connect to my pc and access Media portal ?

Thanks in advance.

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I guess it depends what features of MediaPortal you want to access, and what's available for your phone and tv. There is an Android app MPTvScheduler, which will run on your android phone (and maybe an android tv, idk), which will let you access the TV features of MediaPortal. I've never used it personally, but it has a pretty good rating in the Play store. Another option is Kodi, if that's available for your smart tv, which can also connect to MediaPortal's TV server. So you have a couple of possibilities to look at.

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Regeszter MPTvScheduler does work on android TV, but it could be much better.
    MPTvScheduler work great on phones and tablets. He did a wonderful job for the portable devices.
    If someone could make a smart TV version of MP that works like MP1 on PC with all the plug-in that would be great!!!
    Team-Mediaportal need a Smart TV app to kick Kodi's A**.

Sooo.... Please!!!:)

Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Internet required? DE
    Same applies to MediaPortal 1 ;)
    Same applies to MediaPortal 1 ;)
    Hello, I've been searching for a media server for my home entertainment system for a couple of years. I have changed server...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Replies
    Views
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
    I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
    Replies
    Views
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom