[Solved] MP Tvseries: not importing mediainfo or fanart or anything (windows10) (1 Viewer)

Kalas_Konrad

Portal Member
July 19, 2011
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks for the reply
I have tested many series that mediaportal 2 iimports fine and its the same. i shall test a new and see
i have tested on a fresh install of windows 10 and mediaportal so it shuld not have anything to do withe the dll

Edit
Tested some more
mediainfo gui reads the file fine
tested latest mediainfo.dll and mp-tvseries config crash
i have no clue what to do next

Edit2
i think this is the same problem?
Getting no artwork/metadata at all? [bug]

Edit 3 2018-01-06
have tested more and if i update media info in tv series it reads all the files
but a dont get any online info from thetvdb and if i take one series and update
it just states updating metadata - nothing to do
so the problem is that mp-tvseries dosent fetch the metadata for series and episodes and the artwork/posters.
have tested mp2 and xbmc and tiny media manager and they all fetch fine
so must be something with mp_tvseries and the tvdb api but its weird that it dosent affect everyone.
tested on my phones internet and on vpn from germany, canada , usa , norway and netherlands nothing works

Last edited:

Nofip

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I just had to reinstall windows 10 and Mediaportal from scratch due to a harddrive failure, and I have the same problem. The media files are the same as before, but for some reason the metadata and art cannot be retrieved.

Last edited:

Kalas_Konrad

Portal Member
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Got some time testing in vm
    Win 7 vm - worked
    Win 10 vm and only change the keyboard layout to swedish an left all other options to US as default and it worked

tested a win 10 and change the time and location to sweden and mp-tvseries did not fetch metadata

its a weird bug

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Every bug is weird until somebody finds a reproducible way to make the code freak out so that somebody with a development environment can put breakpoints and step-through the code to find out what/where/why it fails.

There is one tiny needle (the bug), and multiple large haystacks (the code), so being able to reproduce an error allows for a quick and targeted search.

No guarantee that it will then be an easy fix, but without it most developers won't even bother to consider it otherwise (unless it annoys them personally).

@ltfearme let me know if you need more information on how to reproduce, because setting your environment to a European time/location should do the trick.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Cool, seems odd that's all of a sudden issue. Im sure many people have non-US locales.

I just changed from Australia to German locales and imported fine, seemed to work okay. Seems like there is a little more to it.

I will try sweden.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Can you also delete the tvseries database after changing the locale, see if that resolves it. Im curious if its something persisted in the database like a date/time or number that can't be converted using the new locale...that will help narrow it down.

Kalas_Konrad

Portal Member
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    tested some more. the location setting in settings dosent chage anything. but if you go in to controlpanel and region and change to English (sweden) under format the import dont work. swedish (sweden) work and English (us) work. hope this help

Attachments

• Untitled.png
      Untitled.png
      144.4 KB
    • MP-TVSeriesswedish.log
      2.5 KB
    • MP-TVSeriesus.log
      15.3 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Good news is that I can reproduce by setting English (Sweden). Took a while to narrow down where it's occurring, its in some very very old code when using a 3rd party library, to be exact its in ICSharp :
    Code:
    ZipEntry currEntry = zis.GetNextEntry();

mptvseries/OnlineAPI.cs at master · damienhaynes/mptvseries · GitHub

I put some exception handling around it and discovered the error is "1 is not a supported code page"...wow, so helpful! I will check with Mr Google for answers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom