[Solved] MP Tvseries: not importing mediainfo or fanart or anything (windows10) (2 Viewers)

ronald2oo2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 15, 2005
    Netherlands
    A few months ago I installed MP1 and e.g. MP-TVseries on a fresh Windows 10 PC. I never had issues with this before, even under W10 (after upgrade from W7 with preservation of MP1) , but MP-TVseries configuration is now not able to import any media info or episode info or fanart.
    The import starts normal with the "local file parsing & local filename processing" which is being finished. After this the "reading mediainfo of local files" is started and the "metadata: matching series". Then everything hangs/stops including "reading mediainfo of local files" at the exact time that the "metadata: matching series" is finished. There are only complete empty MPTV error logs and I have no idea how to solve this. I already made several new fresh installs but every time with the same result. The moving pictures plugin on the other hand has no problems with downloading all the media info and fanart!

Does anyone know how to fix this? The MP-TVseries is the best feature of MP1 and one of the reasons why I am not satisfied at all by MP2 (But it needs the episode info and fanart to be great).

Thanks.

PS I already tried without any firewall and every time I run the configur tool "as administrator"

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Strange - here everything works without any problems ;)
    But as you know those issues may have a lot of reasons, starting from correct regex entries over proper series naming up to correct image paths etc. ;)

ronald2oo2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 15, 2005
    Netherlands
    Cruel reaction ;) if you know a lot of reasons how about sharing the most likely one's so I have some new options. E.g. correct "regex entries" does not ring a bell nor does that gives any search hits.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Might be a simple matter of updating the MediaInfo.DLL with the latest 32-bit binary provided by the MediaInfo team. A change in headers can crash it, and in turn lock MediaPortal or a plugin relying on it, and you might not even get any log entries when that happens.

Always a good idea to do that, even if it does not fix it, so your media gets the correct label (assuming your skin supports the new values obtained)

ronald2oo2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 15, 2005
    Netherlands
    Thanks for the suggestion but I had already downloaded the newest 32-bit mediainfo.dll which did not help.
    This week it took me countless hours trying every option I could find on the MP wiki on and on the web -including the nuclear option: installing a fresh W10 on my HTPC- but I am still stuck with the same problem. I even installed MP1 + MP_Tvseries on my other W10 PC where the scraping by MP_TVseries worked directly without any issues. Both PC's run exactly the same windows 10 build and (now) have the same windows options and redistributables...go figure.

Anyway it is getting to frustrating and I give up trying.
    I found a nice "competitor" and I think I will be trying this for some time.

Edit: as it turns out my other installation -that I thought was working okay- actually also comes to a full stop during the media scraping only it gets much farther before it crashes

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You might have a corrupt media file somewhere, try setting up separate import folder, and run a clean database, and import just one movie/tv-show. If that works, then one of your other files is corrupt.

I actually wrote a batch file that scanned my entire collection for corruption after a bad restore with outdated parity info. That means movies were not even corrupted on the header, but like 2/3rd into playing of the movie. Your issue is header related most likely as that's the only part MediaInfo cares about.

Or switch to another solution, free world and all (presumably)...

Kalas_Konrad

Portal Member
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello i got the same problem. i cant see anything in the logs. If i just set the path in mp-tvseries and start mp and press run import the mp crash. and if i try import from the plugin it stops when matching series is done

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Kalas_Konrad, so hunt down the corrupted media, or corrupted show. There have been many threads on this forum that explain which shows are known to be corrupt, or how to debug new ones, but if you just import in batches it is easy to figure out. TheTVDb is user driven, so you can just sign up and fix any mistakes you find and help everybody else out.

An outdated MediaInfo.DLL can also cause crashes when importing media files with a modern structure, so be sure to fix that as well to exclude it as a source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom