MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Re: VC-1 issues (VC1)

So,

Sebastiii's Gabest MpegSplitter is working perfectly. Thanx Sebastiii.

nevcairiel

Still no go :(

On my sample, that is 29.970 Interlaced VC-1 i am getting 40fps at some scenes and then 60fps on some others. If you need a bigger sample pls do ask for it and i will upload it.

I really want to switch to LAV atm but this VC-1i issue is preventing me.

domb

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2006

So,

Sebastiii's Gabest MpegSplitter is working perfectly. Thanx Sebastiii.

@Nevcairiel

On my sample, that is 29.970 Interlaced VC-1 i am getting 40fps at some scenes and then 60fps on some others. If you need a bigger sample pls do ask for it and i will upload it.

I really want to switch to LAV atm but this VC-1i issue is preventing me.

Why do you want to switch if you have a working solution? Whats the benefit of using LAV?

nevcairiel

Portal Member
    March 1, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

@Nevcairiel

Weird. The two samples i tried seem to drop around 30 frames at the beginning, but after that it seems to be running smoothly at the target framerate. That is your and hoborgs samples from the last page.

The overall problem is that ffmpeg does not support interlaced VC-1, not even reading the stream header, thats why i don't get any information about the frames, and cannot trust any values it gives me. (It assumes every packet is a new frame, but instead they are just fields, which probably results in the broken timestamps)

I have another test built for you.

http://files.1f0.de/lavf/LAVSplitter-0.17-vc1-test2.zip

I disabled all timestamp processing and parsing in ffmpeg, which should output the frames as they are in the file (basically how the mpc-hc splitter works).
    I dumped the output to a file, and the timestamps were practically identical to the mpc-hc splitter.

Please report if it works for you. =)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I enable ffdshow audio, and when i play it, ffdshow is in systray and we can select cyberlink by right click on it and here we can enable DXVA :)
    We can also edit registry to set the correct value, i didn't have in mind but i think i can find it :)
    Seb.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

@Nevcairiel

Weird. The two samples i tried seem to drop around 30 frames at the beginning, but after that it seems to be running smoothly at the target framerate. That is your and hoborgs samples from the last page.

The overall problem is that ffmpeg does not support interlaced VC-1, not even reading the stream header, thats why i don't get any information about the frames, and cannot trust any values it gives me. (It assumes every packet is a new frame, but instead they are just fields, which probably results in the broken timestamps)

I have another test built for you.

http://files.1f0.de/lavf/LAVSplitter-0.17-vc1-test2.zip

I disabled all timestamp processing and parsing in ffmpeg, which should output the frames as they are in the file (basically how the mpc-hc splitter works).
    I dumped the output to a file, and the timestamps were practically identical to the mpc-hc splitter.

Nice, i can't test for now but i hope that is working :)
    Seb.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

The last version DOES work :)

Gratz:) and thanx.

Why do you want to switch if you have a working solution? Whats the benefit of using LAV?

LAV is a splitter that has constant development and i like it's all in one splitter approach.

Plus, nevcairiel (LAV dev) is someone that you can get in touch with.

MPC-HC dev team announced that when LAV is stable enough they will replace all the Gabest splitters with LAV. So the way i see it LAV is the way to go today:) So i am willing to try it and give feedback.

domb

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2006

I'm not a dev but i try lol
    Can you try this one for Matroska Splitter, it should work now.
    Thanks,
    Seb.

sorry I meant for haali splitter for MKVs :)

Hi,

I enable ffdshow audio, and when i play it, ffdshow is in systray and we can select cyberlink by right click on it and here we can enable DXVA :)
    We can also edit registry to set the correct value, i didn't have in mind but i think i can find it :)
    Seb.

I never saw the decoders were listed in ffdshow menu! i checked and its on :) cheers.

hoborg stop telling me to use SAF! I don't want to and you're not being helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom