SOLVED VC-1 issues (VC1) (1 Viewer)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Re: VC-1 issues (VC1)

hoborg stop telling me to use SAF! I don't want to and you're not being helpful.

I didnt mean this.
English is not my primary language so sometime it hard for me to tell something...

When i wrote "it is secret" - this was joke atempt - looks like it didnt work.
I was working on SAF more then 2 years, install script have ~150KB. Sorry for that, but i dont remember all the setting SAF is doing durning install. That was one of reason why i created it - make all working just after install without need of tweek anything or make any registry changes, etc... I created it to help.

I dont known why DxVA is turned off for you. Maybe you missing some PDVD VC-1 decoder part, you have bad/missing registry setting, using wrong/old PDVD decoder, you dont have compatible VC-1 DxVA hardware or GPU driver issue,... too many possibilities.

If you enable DxVA durning playback in Graphstudio, it should remain on - at last this happend in graphstudio installed by SAF5 for me - that was what i mean.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

Not directly, i have talk with Aleksoid with my patch and it take it and adapt for arcsoft with registry setting and context menu.
    But for standalone filter must be fix.

Thanks,
    Seb.

Aleksoid1978

March 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi to ALL.
    I have issue with LAV + VC1 + MKV.

MKV+VC1+LAV+CyberlinkDecoder

MKV+VC1+LAV+MPCDecoder

As you see - on Cyberlink have frames drop. on MPC Decoder - all ok. DXVA off - Intel G31 video.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Aleksoid :)

Nice to see you here :)

I have made test and see working ok here on the sample i have : VC1 MKV Sample

This screenshot are based on MPC Matroska + Cyberlink. Will try with lavf :)

Thanks,
    Seb.

Attachments

• VC1_MKV_Cyberlink_DXVA_EVR.jpg
      VC1_MKV_Cyberlink_DXVA_EVR.jpg
      380.3 KB
    • VC1_MKV_Cyberlink_DXVA_EVR_NO_VSYNC.jpg
      VC1_MKV_Cyberlink_DXVA_EVR_NO_VSYNC.jpg
      366.7 KB

LordMerlin

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2007
    Rostov-na-Donu
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    to Aleksoid
    I noticed that when using LAVF splitter if the audio decoder FFDshow the graphs in the statistics are even, but if use the built-inLAVF decoder such as a strongly jagged graphs are obtained.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok now that blu rays work in win 7 with LAVF audio and Powerdvd codecs...

im after a solution to make MP specifically play MKV files with CoreAVC video decoder using the Haali Splitter...i just need to know what the long filter strings look like and where i the registry i need to force them for MKV

any ideas?

im asking in this thread as in past posts there has been the solution for m2ts files and the gabest splitter

/crosses fingers

EDIT: and i dont like the quality of powerdvd codecs for video... i much prefer CoreAVC =)

Ah nevermind.. Just checked and the MPC splitter is in use apparently and it is using core avc

move along =)

domb

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2006
    Re: VC-1 issues (VC1)

Hi :)

I'm not a dev but i try lol
    Can you try this one for Matroska Splitter, it should work now.
    Thanks,
    Seb.

Hi Seb,

I forgot about this but just tried the Matroska VC-1 -> PDVD tweak but it doesn't work. Still uses Microsoft DMO (using Gabest Splitter and Haali). Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom