some channels fail to tune in MP (and do tune in other software) (2 Viewers)

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MediaPortal Version: MP 1.1 RC6
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide
Windows Version: Windows 7 (since 07-18-2010)
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 775 1333FSB 2.66Ghz 4MB
HDD: Intel Postville SSD 80GB
Memory: 2x Kingston DDR2 ValueRAM 1GB 667 CL5.0
Motherboard: Asus P5K
Video Card: NVIDIA 9600 (passive)
Video Card Driver: latest
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3: AC3 and DTS: S/PDIF
Sound Card Driver: latest
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: latest
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD (SAF 4.00 stable)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow (SAF 4.00 stable)
h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD (SAF 4.00 stable)
Satelite/CableTV Provider: CAIWAY
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC17b
Cooling: 1x 80 mm fan + 1 x cpu fan
Power Supply: ANTEC
Remote: Microsoft MCE 2005 remote
TV: Panasonic TH-42PZ85
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI-HDMI

Because I kept having problems with the tv section I bought a Intel SSD, installed W7 on it so my system was completely clean, installed the needed drivers, installed MediaPortal RC6 and SAF 4.00 stable. That was it.

Then I did a complete channelscan. That succeded only partial, only about 70% of my channels were found. Then I scanned for a transponderlist on a specific frequency, that gave me almost all channels, about 95%. But frequencies of a lot of channels were wrong so I could only watch about 70% of my channels. Then I updated the wrong channels individually, one by one.

Now I can watch about 95% of the available channels...but still not all of them. There was still about 5% of the channels that failed to tune every time, but with different error messages: sometimes 'unable to start graph', sometimes 'no audio/video detected', sometimes 'Can't play live2-0.ts.tsbuffer", sometimes no message at all. All these channels seem to have the correct frequency. Same result with or without "always use PAT lookup" and/or "always reset graph" debugoptions on.

So now I spent quite a lot of money and a lot of hours testing, scanning, updating and installing...but the situation has not improved. Loading an old channellist from my Vista setup gives me the same failling channels in W7.

All channels that don't work in MP do work on my Humax dvb receiver on the same frequencies I've set in MP.

Also, the tuning data you can set in MP is exactly th same as DVBViewer PRO finds it, and in that software all channels that don't work in MP, do work in DVBViewer! With exactly the same codecs selected.

There are also no double entries in the channel details so that also can't be it. Take for instance Omrop Fryslan. It has only one provider and if I edit the channel it also has only one entry. With the correct tuningdata, like in DVBViewer.

Codec changes don't work.

Tested tsreader.ax up to earliest version I still can download, but without result.

So it must be a specific MP bug or problem... Not something with reception, dvb card or codecs.
Attached the logs when trying to tune to some failing channels (and some good channels) I hope someone can see something in it that I can change or improve to make these channels work.

EDIT: Take Comedy Central. There are other channels on the same frequency that do work, and one other channel on that frequency that don't work. Also on that frequency there are code-downloads for all kinds of devices, I think DVB-tuners (Humax,Panasonic,etc.). I don't know if that matters though.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    First off I would check your EPG settings as appears to be a few errors with the WebEPG grabber logged and also there are lots and lots of entries in TV log around EPG grabbing kicking in all the time.

Is this only happening with encrypted channels?

Can you first off disable all EPG grabbing (WebEPG and all other EPG options) then collect clean logs in debug mode of simply opening MP, waiting 30 seconds for all the startup tasks to complete and then attempt to tune to Comedy Central and close to create logs.

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    First off I would check your EPG settings as appears to be a few errors with the WebEPG grabber logged and also there are lots and lots of entries in TV log around EPG grabbing kicking in all the time.

Is this only happening with encrypted channels?

Can you first off disable all EPG grabbing (WebEPG and all other EPG options) then collect clean logs in debug mode of simply opening MP, waiting 30 seconds for all the startup tasks to complete and then attempt to tune to Comedy Central and close to create logs.

Here are the logs with no epg grabber active: no channels selected for epg grabbing, all grabbing options are ticked out in the epgconfig and Webepg is disabled. Same result.

I tried to tune twice to Comedy Central, first I got the unable to start tsbuffer2.0 file (or something like that) message. After that I tuned again to Comedy Central and this time it gave me the "no audio/video detected" message (but these are just two of about 5 flavours of error messages I get on Comedy Central).

I think almost all channels I have are encrypted. Also Comedy Central.

I wish I could find somebody on the internet that also has the combination of my provider Caiway and MediaPortal...

Is there something I can extract from DVBViewer PRO when I tune there to Comedy Central to help find this problem with MP?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I guess everything went wrong at
    Code:
    2010-07-30 08:09:42.584057 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: TSReaderPlayer: Exception while creating DShow graph Poging tot het lezen of schrijven van beveiligd geheugen. Dit duidt er vaak op dat ander geheugen is beschadigd.
    2010-07-30 08:09:42.589057 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: TSReaderPlayer:GetInterfaces() failed

Can you try recording something from Comedy Central (just do a manual record and then stop it after a few mins)
    Can you play that recording?
    If not can you rename the recording file to mkv and try and play that video player?

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can't tune to the channel so I can't record something either. (EDIT: or do you mean record something with DVBViewer?)

I see you found this in my logs:
    2010-07-30 08:09:42.584057 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: TSReaderPlayer: Exception while creating DShow graph Poging tot het lezen of schrijven van beveiligd geheugen. Dit duidt er vaak op dat ander geheugen is beschadigd.
    This is dutch for: "Attempt to read or write to protected memory. This often indicates that other memory is damaged."

That sounds serious!... What could this mean? Has this something to do with my internal memory that is not ok anymore?? Never had any warnings from Windows or anything... It can't be my SSD, because I had the same thing on my old system with a HDD as OS-disk. Any advise to see whats wrong?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I can't tune to the channel so I can't record something either. (EDIT: or do you mean record something with DVBViewer?)
    Your TV logs say it is tuning ok but it is the playback side that is a problem
    Code:
    2010-07-30 08:09:33.150517 [(4)]: card: Tune 2 to Comedy Central
    2010-07-30 08:09:33.992565 [(4)]: card: Tuner locked: True
    2010-07-30 08:09:33.992565 [(4)]: **************************************************
    2010-07-30 08:09:33.993565 [(4)]: ***** SIGNAL LEVEL: 49, SIGNAL QUALITY: 49 *****
    2010-07-30 08:09:33.993565 [(4)]: **************************************************
    Which makes me think if you attempt a recording it will actually create a file and record something.

I see you found this in my logs:
    This is dutch for: "Attempt to read or write to protected memory. This often indicates that other memory is damaged."

That sounds serious!... What could this mean? Has this something to do with my internal memory that is not ok anymore?? Never had any warnings from Windows or anything... It can't be my SSD, because I had the same thing on my old system with a HDD as OS-disk. Any advise to see whats wrong?
    Google translate already explained it for me :) I have seen this before when something had got corrupted in MP installation or some codecs don't like each other.

Please attempt a recording and see if it does indeed create a file

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Your TV logs say it is tuning ok but it is the playback side that is a problem
    Code:
    2010-07-30 08:09:33.150517 [(4)]: card: Tune 2 to Comedy Central
    2010-07-30 08:09:33.992565 [(4)]: card: Tuner locked: True
    2010-07-30 08:09:33.992565 [(4)]: **************************************************
    2010-07-30 08:09:33.993565 [(4)]: ***** SIGNAL LEVEL: 49, SIGNAL QUALITY: 49 *****
    2010-07-30 08:09:33.993565 [(4)]: **************************************************
    Which makes me think if you attempt a recording it will actually create a file and record something.

Please attempt a recording and see if it does indeed create a file

I tried to record something on Comedy central through manual recording in tv server config. It did create a file...but of 0 kb :(

First off I would check your EPG settings as appears to be a few errors with the WebEPG grabber logged.

Indeed! Now you mention it, when I look at the channels in the epg that are grabbed by webepg (19 in total) not all channels appear to have gotten their epg data... do you see anything in the logs that could help me with this?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    When you did your initial scan, and found the 70% of your channels, do they all play fine?

This would be a first step, if we can establish whether the channels that you are having trouble with are the channels that MP does not pick up originally.

Mark

elacris

Portal Member
    October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have similar problems with my Hauppaueg HVR-4400 card using DVB-S and MediaPortal 1.1.0 Final. I also have a DVB-T card (HVR-1100) without any problems.

It happens the first time I tune to DVB-S after MediaPortal start or after playing video or DVD. If I only tune between DVB-S channels everything works perfectly.

1. I always get unable to play live4-0.ts.tsbuffer.
    2. Then I get no picture/audio detected.
    3. And the unable to start graph.

After that the DVB-S is almost always locked up. Neither WinTV, DVBViewer or MediaPortal is unable to tune until after restarting the PC.

If I disable "Dynamic Refresh Rate", the problems is less serious. But I often get 1) and/or 2). If I then tune to DVB-T and then back to DVB-S it works and I have avoided the lockup.

Often I am able to manual start timeshift i TVServer config after failure in MediePortal, but not allways.

The lockup/tune failure never happens in WinTV and DVBViewer.

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    When you did your initial scan, and found the 70% of your channels, do they all play fine?

This would be a first step, if we can establish whether the channels that you are having trouble with are the channels that MP does not pick up originally.

Mark

I will write down all channels that have problems and do a complete rescan soon when I can find the time, to see if these channels are picked up.
    Some extra info: Manual recording of comedy central from the config always starts, without warning, with signal quality at 100%, but only produces a 0kb file every time (By the way, manual recording from the config doesn't honour the naming convention you've chosen (file only called 'comedy central .ts', whatever you choose as a naming convention) whereas manual recording from within MP does. Is this correct?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom