some channels fail to tune in MP (and do tune in other software) (1 Viewer)

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I am having the same problem with my Hauppauge 950q. I cannot play any of my analog stations. They all come up with the unable to play : ts error like the others.

If it's analog and all channels I think it's wise to investigate further. I think it's something else (reception?).
But without logs your remark is useless (gee, I'm starting to sound like a MP dev :D )

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
June 18, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
I agree I should have added my log. I will when I get home tonight. I'm thinking perhaps its a codec or perhaps an administrator rights issue. I doubt it reception because all of these channels play flawlessly in WinTV7.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I agree I should have added my log. I will when I get home tonight. I'm thinking perhaps its a codec or perhaps an administrator rights issue. I doubt it reception because all of these channels play flawlessly in WinTV7.
    First test always is to open TVServer Configuration -> go to "manual control" section and try to timeshift any channel.
    If that works, try and record an channel -> then play this file inside MediaPortal/MyVideos or WMP or VLC.

If all that is working, then TvServer itselfe at least is okay.

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I read about trying to record earlier on in the thread and so I tried it. It created a .ts file which I was able to play in Windows Media Player (no sound) and VLC (sound worked).

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I read about trying to record earlier on in the thread and so I tried it. It created a .ts file which I was able to play in Windows Media Player (no sound) and VLC (sound worked).
    So the TV Server does work correctly.

Most common reason why your file does not play correctly in WMP is that you are missing the (correct) audiocodec.
    It could also be that your audio codec is configured for SPDIF passthrough (AC3 and/or DTS) - hence you do not hear anything on the analog stereo jacks.

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    As I mentioned before it would play fine in VLC, but anyways. Earlier I mentioned that it was the analog stations that didnt play correctly, but I realized that I didnt have my QAM stations setup. Now that I have my qam stations setup as well they are producing the same problems. Tonight I'm going to too into how to produce a log to post here. My apologies to the OP if I hijacked his thread, would it be better to put this in a separate post?

Rob

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    I need to add some logs too - though the TV part of MP is not a priority for me.
    I'm now getting lots of service failures and MP disconnected from the service reports.
    I'll try to post logs when I get a chance, but am happy to wait :)

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm now getting lots of service failures and MP disconnected from the service reports.

Yes, every time I turn on my tv after a good night sleep or when I come home after work and turn on the tv, last week almost every time MP has crashed or the connection to the tv server has been lost... I've turned on the MP bugreport edition, so lets see in a few hours if it's the same problem again when I get home and turn on the tv.

Anyway, the problem with the channels failing to tune from the original first post is still there...
    is there any progress on that?

EDIT: Yep, I came home today from work, turned my tv and amp on, scrolled through MPHome, went to the epg, clicked a channel and BAM, MP froze up :s
    And this was in debug mode, so no plugins caused this. But this is offtopic, I'll post another fresh bugreport.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Finally got some logs - maybe these'll point us in the right direction

I removed all the TV and Radio stations - updated the satellite list - performed a channel scan - this all worked
    I removed the encrypted channels for both the TV and Radio
    Configured the EPG
    Opened MP and left over night - sure enough "TV service lost error..."

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Finally got some logs - maybe these'll point us in the right direction

I removed all the TV and Radio stations - updated the satellite list - performed a channel scan - this all worked
    I removed the encrypted channels for both the TV and Radio
    Configured the EPG
    Opened MP and left over night - sure enough "TV service lost error..."

I have this problem every day now, but this is not what this thread is about so I started up a new thread here: MP https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...reezes-up-after-long-period-inactivity-85669/

Could you please post your findings and logs about this problem in that thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom