some channels fail to tune in MP (and do tune in other software) (1 Viewer)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    I think my issue is a little different - mine doesn't lock up but I lose connection to the TV service.
    I'll post another bug report...

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Finally got it working. It took a complete OS reinstall and fresh Hauppauge driver install but I finally got My TV to work properly. It must have been a combination of improper drivers and mixed up codecs that was causing the problems.

My only issue now is having some stuttering. I'm not sure if this is MP related or just the limits of my Acer Revo 3610. Any hints as to which codecs work the best for TV (hoping for something that works with the GPU) would be much welcomed.

Rob

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Glad to hear your problem is solved rspierenburg! :)

Lets get back to where we left the original problem:

I recorded a few seconds in DVBviewer PRO. The ts file didnt play in MP (gave an error: unable to play video vh1.ts videocodec: Mmpeg video version 2 audiocodec: mpeg audio version 1 layer) but did play in WMP and in graphstudio perfectly.
    I just tried your sample and i get the same error.

I also tried to rename it to mkv so that MP will use the Haali Splitter instead of TsReader and MP just won't play it either (yet no info about codecs is thrown - just wont play).
    So the issue is not just TsReader! :mad:
    But as you said, it plays in WMP (while techincally the playback methode is 99% the same inside MP :confused:).

I ran your sample through TSPackedChecker and could not find any obvious issues.

I also tried several codecs inside MP and again, no change.

TsReader definitly does not like something in that file:
    Code:
    09-08-2010 21:48:27.528 [1374]FileReader::Read() read to less bytes
    09-08-2010 21:48:27.529 [1374]demux:endoffile

There seems to be something inside your TransponderStream which totally confuses MP.
    I have never seen such before. :confused:

Any progress on this ILoop?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    kkendall: Just a quick question. In which post here is the log where you did a scan & found 70% of channels(if you upped one ofc :) & it's just because I need to check something compared to something I've seen here, it finds channels but can't set name for some reason)?

Regards
    Roy

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When you did your initial scan, and found the 70% of your channels, do they all play fine?

This would be a first step, if we can establish whether the channels that you are having trouble with are the channels that MP does not pick up originally.

Mark

I will write down all channels that have problems and do a complete rescan soon when I can find the time, to see if these channels are picked up.

Did you ever do this?

If you can do a channel scan from a new database (so no old channel) and it finds 70% of the channels you expect, but all of those 70% work fine, then I would say we have progress.

Mark

bartve

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It looks like I am facing similar problems. I did a new, clean installation of Win7 today, installed all the updates, SAF 5.0 experimental codecs and MediaPortal 1.1.0.0 only (no plugins, skins at all).
    TV server setup while scanning for channels finds some TV stations but not all (and most importantly, not the ones I would like to see). Other applications (VLC, ChrisTV Light) do find and show all the channels.
    Some other strange behaviour: with preview in TV server setup of the channels that are found I can hear the sound but only see a blank (white) window. When I watch the same channel in MediaPortal (watch TV) I see the picture (and hear the sound).

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Bart

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0.0
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide
    Windows Version: Win7 Pro 32bit
    CPU Type:Athlon II X2 240e
    HDD: Samsung F1 750 Gb (HD753LJ) SATA
    Memory: 4 Gb
    Motherboard: Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H
    Video Card: Ati HD 4200 (integrated)
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.641.0.0
    Sound Card: Realtek (integrated)
    Sound Card AC3: ?
    Sound Card Driver: Realtek 6.0.1.6066
    1. TV Card: VistaView Saber 2020
    1. TV Card Type: dual analog PCIe
    1. TV Card Driver: 1037.0.2.1
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow video decoder
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow audio decoder
    h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow DXVA video decoder
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: XMS
    HTPC Case: Origenae
    Cooling: 4 x 60 mm fans (came with the case)
    Power Supply: BeQuiet Pure Power 350w
    Remote: MCE (came with the case)
    TV: Sony
    TV - HTPC Connection: not yet connected (testing with LCD monitor)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Just a quick suggestion (and the solution to my issue) CHECK YOUR DISH/AERIAL
    One of the GFs plants grew onto the bracket of my dish and I suspect, slightly misaligned it.
    The signal strength meters didn't show any loss of signal but some vicious pruning removed MOST of my issue!

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just a quick suggestion (and the solution to my issue) CHECK YOUR DISH/AERIAL
    One of the GFs plants grew onto the bracket of my dish and I suspect, slightly misaligned it.
    The signal strength meters didn't show any loss of signal but some vicious pruning removed MOST of my issue!

The plant must have had bugs on it!

Mark

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will write down all channels that have problems and do a complete rescan soon when I can find the time, to see if these channels are picked up.

Did you ever do this?

If you can do a channel scan from a new database (so no old channel) and it finds 70% of the channels you expect, but all of those 70% work fine, then I would say we have progress.

Mark

Sorry Mark, I haven't come to that yet.
    Been busy investigating other bugs but I'll get to it this weekend I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom