Some DVDs don't work (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ok, setting the speed of CD/DVD is now disabled as a default.
    try with your DVDs that failed previoulsy.

mr.white

Portal Member
    June 13, 2004
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm playing ripped DVD's from harddisk... Rips play fine in VLC, Media Player Classic and PowerDVD

Same here.

And the dvd´s that dont work for me is all the same, I start the dvd image on hdd and the intro plays fine and the meny is visible and i press play movie and all goes black but i can hear audio playing.
    I way around it is to stop the dvd and start it again with resume and then it plays fine.

Big thanks! hwahrmann
    for the dvd speed feature.

Cepheus

Portal Member
    December 12, 2006
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,

I just installed SVN 12766 (newest). No change. The DVD "Black Hawk Down": first it shows the Universal intro correctly. The the screen wents black and you hear the sound of the menu. Any ideas?

Thanks, Rainer

UPDATE: Now I enabled CD Speed, and it didn't change a thing. But I don't think that's the reason. For that DVD, I just found out, if I press enter (select soemthing in the menu), then I can see the next menu screen again and everything works. So basically I think, MP has a problem with some DVD menus. HTH.

DalaNorth

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2006
    Skellefteå, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have had the same problem a couple of times and had it again yesterday. Tried the same movie today and it still didn't work. Replaced the DVD codec with Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (I think it came with PowerDVD) and voila, at least now that movie works. (Haven't tried any others yet)

So, try a few different DVD codecs and get back to us with which ones you've tried if you still can't get it to work.

DaveV

Portal Member
    August 13, 2006
    Sydney
    I obtain the same result, you can shoose another codec and it comes good whilst in mediaportal, but shut it down and the problem returns, have tried relasshionship with skin size, resolutionm etc and there is nothing consistant.

Gilmore girls has got me baffled and is one of the more tempramental discs, the other half is unhappy as she needs to exit mediaportal whenever she wishes to play a physical disc , everything that is on HDD is fine.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    can you guys try rolling back a few SVN's and see when this started? Shouldn't be too hard to pinpoint the time and therefor the actual change that made the issue.

LiquidSky

Portal Member
    December 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I installed nVidia's PureVideo decoder (trial version) yesterday and I haven't seen the problem again. Looks like a problem with MPV/MPA decoders? I just tested a few DVD rips I had problems with, will try some more later.

BTW: I also used this decoder in the TV settings and now I'm able to play all DVB-C radio stations, DScaler handled just a few of them

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any news on this ? I have the same Problem with the stable release 0.2.2.0.

Here it happens with MPA/MPV and with Purevideo too. MediaPlayer plays the DVD fine. (DVD is played from HDD)

Pullmanite

Portal Member
    June 30, 2006
    I'm having the same issue, I'm afraid, with version 0.2.2.0 on a few select DVD's (both played from the DVD-ROM and after being ripped to the hard drive.) Seems to be an issue with MPV. The same menus work with PureVideo, but my poor outclassed computer can't play the PureVideo codec properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom