Some DVDs don't work (1 Viewer)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Don't know if this helps anybody, but not using latest DivX codecs sorted my issues with the DVD-player (navigation issues).

Try using FFDShow only (I know ppl prefer "original" codecs, but it did the trick for me).

bigj

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2005
    I never had a problem using nvidia codec and ms navigator.
    I did find an issue with the dvdspeed config - would get only sound, no video; disabling the dvd speed option fixed that.

However, I currently have problem with exiting dvd playing back to mp main menu. Just ignores it. ??? (svn: 27-May-07)

UPDATE:
    *Just* discovered the exit issue is only for playing DVDs from main menu using 'play dvd' plugin. Starting dvds through 'videos' menu works fine.

Technec

Portal Member
    March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am using the latest svn 14762 and it is resulting in the same problem. Only when using the Play DVD plugin does it go into a black screen. When I play it from My Videos it plays the DVD fine.

I am using the PowerDVD codec at the moment.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There are several issues at once - unfortunately some even depend on the DVD itself. But Technec's issue will be addressed soon (The DVD link from home menu is not working although the MyVideo link is working).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom