[solved] Some mce buttons won't work, after change To hid, need help (1 Viewer)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello com,

after the mp1.13 final some buttons won't worm like bevor. I habe for example To buttons on my touch remote, with this i can open TV serirs and movingp pictures directly from anywhere in the paar, but now they won't work. I loocked in the condig but i dont know what i habe die in the past To do this. In event ghost on off thus buttons Name is Print.

What i habe To do, or is this no longer Working ?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    After installing MP 1.13 final, some buttons don't work like before. I have for example two buttons on my touch remote, and using them I can open "TV Series" and "Moving Pictures" directly from anywhere within MP, but now they don't work.
    With MP 1.12 (or earlier), you probably modified the config file "Microsoft MCE.xml" using the "Mapping" dialogue in "Remotes and Input Devices" in "MP Config".

In MP 1.13, the file "Microsoft MCE.xml" is ignored, and instead the file "Generic-HID.xml" is used. Unfortunately there is no automatic process that extracts your changes from "Microsoft MCE.xml" and re-implements them in "Generic-HID.xml", so you need to do that yourself. That is probably why your modified buttons are not working ("Generic-HID.xml" is missing the changes that you made to "Microsoft MCE.xml").

You also mention "Event Ghost". I believe that it is possible to do some button mapping in Event Ghost, but I have never used it, so cannot offer any advice.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, then i will have a look, was i have changed. This are the to buttons i use for direct entry to movingpictures and tvseries :: MceRemote.Print / MceRemote.7BD8

But i dont know what i changed in the past to do that. Im the only one how used this to buttons for it ? But its original buttons copyed from original mce remote. So nothing directly to do with eventghost.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Stéphane Lenclud has published a little tool HID Demo that displays the resdective HID code for each button that you press on your remote. This way you can easily identify the entries that you need to adjust in the MP Config Generic HID section

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    this are the 2 buttons from the old.xml

Code:
            <button name="MovingPictures" code="39">
                <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="WINDOW" cmdproperty="96742" sound="click.wav" />
            </button>
            <button name="TVSeries" code="78">
                <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="WINDOW" cmdproperty="9811" sound="click.wav" />
            </button>

so how i can add this to the ne hid system ?

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No tomorrow i try the hid demo.

Is there a way that i can choose exit Menü and not only exit mepo ? I dont find anything like this.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok i have used the hid demo and this are my 3 buttons.

From first :::

Movingp pictures
    TV serirs
    Exit Menü ( shutdown, restart, standby etc)

But i found no buttons in config like zoom or Print.

Attachments

• 1457087663448-638785278.jpg
      1457087663448-638785278.jpg
      8.5 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just for the sake of simplicity for you - and readability for us: You can easily make snapshots from any parts of your Windows screen using the Windows "Snipping Tool" - enter snip into the search line and you should see this as your first entry.

Now that you know the codes, enter the MP config, go to the Generic HID part and customize the respective entries to your need.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just for the sake of simplicity for you - and readability for us: You can easily make snapshots from any parts of your Windows screen using the Windows "Snipping Tool" - enter snip into the search line and you should see this as your first entry.

Now that you know the codes, enter the MP config, go to the Generic HID part and customize the respective entries to your need.

I know this, but on HTPC there is a stupid small keyboard, so for me its easyer take screen with my handy and write there. But sorry for the bad screen.

So in the MP config there no tvseries or movingpictures unter windows (action) So i have edited the xml manual with editor and change the buttons with codes. So later i will test it. Or is there a way i can do this inside mp config ? I found nothing to do this, like enter a custom code like the windows id from moving and series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom