[solved] Some mce buttons won't work, after change To hid, need help (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Or is there a way i can do this inside mp config ? I found nothing to do this, like enter a custom code like the windows id from moving and series.
    I've never tried this myself, I'm afraid , and am also not in front of my own PC. Notwithstanding the Generic HID part allows a very broad customization of each HID key. Did you already look into this section?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Check our HID documentation for paths to default and custom XML configuration.
    Edit your custom XML and add your actions where you want them to be.
    Zoom is: <button name="Aspect Ratio" code="Zoom">
    Print is: <button code="AppCtrlPrint">
    TV power is: <button code="TvPower" background="true">

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK now I have edited the XML manual. The TV power button works like in past, with Code 99 he opend the exit Menu. But the two other buttons won't work. I have edited it too, but don't work. Later i post my XML files with the changed lines

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    K, maybe someone will have a look ? The TVSeries and MovingPictures Button will not work. I have tried to add "background" but then, mepo will not start.

This are my too entrys ::

XML:
    MovingPictures" background="true"> <!--code="39">-->
                <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="WINDOW" cmdproperty="96742" sound="click.wav" />
            </button>

<button name="TVSeries" background="true"> <!--code="78">-->
                <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="9811" sound="click.wav" />
            </button>

Attachments

• Generic-HID.xml
      18.4 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The TVSeries and MovingPictures Button will not work.
    I have not used the new "Generic HID" support much, so the following is mostly guesswork:

(1) I think that you need to specify the "code=" tag, with the correct numeric values. The values that you show above are currently commented out, and so ignored by Generic HID.

(2) One definition has a command type of WINDOW and the other has a command type of ACTION. This may be correct, but seems unusual. I would expect both buttons to have the same command type. I don't know which is correct. The command types should (I think) be the same as they were when you were using "Microsoft MCE".

(3) The command property for "Moving Pictures" (96742) seems suspiciously large. Have you typed it correctly? As above, the command properties should probably be the same as they were when you were using "Microsoft MCE".

The zip file below fixes (1), but still may not work because of (2) or (3). I have moved the new definitions to the last section in "Generic-HID.xml".

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Attachments

• Generic-HID.zip
      2 KB

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK thank you the code was commented out because I have testet with background. But before it was on. The numbers i have copyed are from the old XML File and with this it works.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    the code was commented out because I have testet with background. But before it was on. The numbers i have copyed are from the old XML File and with this it works.
    So the numbers are correct (good!). But does the modified file work, or are you still having problems? If it is still not working, try removing the "background" keyword to see if that makes a difference. (Note: this is all guesswork on my part; it needs @Stéphane Lenclud to give his expert opinion!)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have moved the new definitions to the last section in "Generic-HID.xml"
    That won't work cause the last section is for gamepads. I think @D3ltoroxp wants to use Zoom which is from seconds section WindowsMediaCenterRemoteControl and AppCtrlPrint button which is from first section ConsumerControl as shown below:

XML:
    <HidHandler version="1">
    <HidUsageAction UsagePage="Consumer" UsageCollection="ConsumerControl" HandleHidEventsWhileInBackground="true"></HidUsageAction>
    <HidUsageAction UsagePage="WindowsMediaCenterRemoteControl" UsageCollection="WindowsMediaCenterRemoteControl" HandleHidEventsWhileInBackground="false"></HidUsageAction>
    <HidUsageAction UsagePage="GenericDesktopControls" UsageCollection="GamePad" HandleHidEventsWhileInBackground="false"></HidUsageAction>
    </HidHandler>

Try put this in the first section:

XML:
    <button name="TVSeries" code="AppCtrlPrint">
                <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="9811" sound="click.wav" />
    </button>

Try put this in the second section:

XML:
    <button name="MovingPictures" code="Zoom">
                <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="WINDOW" cmdproperty="96742" sound="click.wav" />
    </button>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom