[confirm] Some TV channels stutter (heavily)/look "flawed" (2 Viewers)

Arn01805

Portal Pro
July 31, 2006
Breda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Strange things happen.. But in the end I had a working solution with RC3!

My upgrade story so far:

When RC1 came out, I installed it (clean install) and with the alternative core.dll the TV watching/recording works okay.
When RC2 came out, I upgraded (clean install) and notices about 1 dropped frame every 30 minutes (estimate).
When RC3 came out, I upgraded (upgrade) and notices heave stutter (dropped frames every 10 seconds with artifacts)

So, uninstalled everything, Installed RC2 from scratch... still every 10 seconds framedrops like in RC3
Then, thanks to rekenaar, Downloaded RC1 again, installed it and still noticed every 10 seconds framedrops...

Uninstalled RC1 again, restarted the server and client PC, powercycled the 3 FireDTV tuners I have and reïnstalled RC2 again because it had worked fine before.
--> Stuttering was gone and everything worked okay again!!

Then, uninstalled RC2 completely again, installed RC3 from scratch, stuttering was back.. every 10 seconds framedrops.

Uninstalled RC3, rebooted both server and client PC, powercycled FireDTV's.. reinstalled RC3 from scratch... TV is smooth without framedrops!!

So, as said by other users in this thread.. reïnstalling works to get rid of the stuttering, but have to restart PC and or FireDTV???

I'm not sure the problem is in the FireDTV of the TV Server PC. I'm convinced the stutterin was intruduced on the TVServer and not the mediaportal client because the recorded ts streams still had stuttering when played with VLC.

J

joostzilla

Strange things happen.. But in the end I had a working solution with RC3!

My upgrade story so far:

When RC1 came out, I installed it (clean install) and with the alternative core.dll the TV watching/recording works okay.
When RC2 came out, I upgraded (clean install) and notices about 1 dropped frame every 30 minutes (estimate).
When RC3 came out, I upgraded (upgrade) and notices heave stutter (dropped frames every 10 seconds with artifacts)

So, uninstalled everything, Installed RC2 from scratch... still every 10 seconds framedrops like in RC3
Then, thanks to rekenaar, Downloaded RC1 again, installed it and still noticed every 10 seconds framedrops...

Uninstalled RC1 again, restarted the server and client PC, powercycled the 3 FireDTV tuners I have and reïnstalled RC2 again because it had worked fine before.
--> Stuttering was gone and everything worked okay again!!

Then, uninstalled RC2 completely again, installed RC3 from scratch, stuttering was back.. every 10 seconds framedrops.

Uninstalled RC3, rebooted both server and client PC, powercycled FireDTV's.. reinstalled RC3 from scratch... TV is smooth without framedrops!!

So, as said by other users in this thread.. reïnstalling works to get rid of the stuttering, but have to restart PC and or FireDTV???

I'm not sure the problem is in the FireDTV of the TV Server PC. I'm convinced the stutterin was intruduced on the TVServer and not the mediaportal client because the recorded ts streams still had stuttering when played with VLC.

Can you please explain what you mean by powercycled. I use a floppydtv myself and have serious problems lately.

Arn01805

Portal Pro
July 31, 2006
Breda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Can you please explain what you mean by powercycled. I use a floppydtv myself and have serious problems lately.

I removed the adapter and the firewire cables from the FireDTV and reattached them. Just like turn OFF and ON again. For floppyDTV, you've to shutdown the computer and start it up again. I guess that should be enough. If this doesnt help, you can try to remove and re-attach the firewire cable, I don't know if this can resolve the issue. It's a bit trial on error i'm afraid.

J

joostzilla

I removed the adapter and the firewire cables from the FireDTV and reattached them. Just like turn OFF and ON again. For floppyDTV, you've to shutdown the computer and start it up again. I guess that should be enough. If this doesnt help, you can try to remove and re-attach the firewire cable, I don't know if this can resolve the issue. It's a bit trial on error i'm afraid.

Thanks. I just did all you described. But no luck.
A few days ago i already completely did a deep clean install of MP.
Perhaps it has something to do with Ziggo. Wouldnt be the first time.
On ned 1,2,3 and rtl4 the tearing is unwachtable. Other channels suffer less.
Changed codecs, drivers, everything but no improved image. Btw. video is okay.

Arn01805

Portal Pro
July 31, 2006
Breda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Did you do a clean install after a complete mediaportal cleanup and restart?

Tearing should be something client-side in mediaportal. After I had my mediaportal on vista I never had such issue again. I'm using EVR.
Are you sure your issue is tearing? Screen tearing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The issue I had was stuttering, dropped frames and artifacts (green squares in pictures). Imageshack - artf.jpg - Uploaded by Kigaruna (this example is very heavy, I had less artifacts)

I also have Ziggo, I think Drunen is also in Ziggo's 5555 area and I don't have any problems with ned 1,2,3 and rtl4. So it must be something on your system. I'm using PowerDVD 9 as videocodec for both SD and HD. AC3Filter for audio. What firmware do you have in your alphacrypt? Or are you using a softcam solution?

J

joostzilla

Did you do a clean install after a complete mediaportal cleanup and restart?

Tearing should be something client-side in mediaportal. After I had my mediaportal on vista I never had such issue again. I'm using EVR.
Are you sure your issue is tearing? Screen tearing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The issue I had was stuttering, dropped frames and artifacts (green squares in pictures). Imageshack - artf.jpg - Uploaded by Kigaruna (this example is very heavy, I had less artifacts)

I also have Ziggo, I think Drunen is also in Ziggo's 5555 area and I don't have any problems with ned 1,2,3 and rtl4. So it must be something on your system. I'm using PowerDVD 9 as videocodec for both SD and HD. AC3Filter for audio. What firmware do you have in your alphacrypt? Or are you using a softcam solution?

I am in area 1111.
I also used to use pdvd 9. But the problem occured suddenly. Pdvd 10 makes no difference.
My alphacrypt isnt updated. I have no pcmcia slot.
And yes its not really tearing. I think it has something to do with interlacing.

Kakskiv

Portal Member
January 16, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
I'm also having the same problems, and the problems started after installing RC3. I'm running MP on a win7 x64 machine with ATI radeon HD4850. I've tried many different decoders, but the result is just the same, heavily artefact: Imageshack - artefactp.png

The screen shot is from a HD channel, which is the one with the worst artefacts. SD channels is not affected as much as the HD.
MP RC3 was installed after a clean installation of windows 7. Today i updated to RC4, but with no luck...

Attached is log files from the HD channel.

Attachments

• Mediaportal.rar
    7.4 KB
  • MediaportalTVServer.rar
    11.6 KB

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I'm also having the same problems, and the problems started after installing RC3. I'm running MP on a win7 x64 machine with ATI radeon HD4850. I've tried many different decoders, but the result is just the same, heavily artefact: Imageshack - artefactp.png

The screen shot is from a HD channel, which is the one with the worst artefacts. SD channels is not affected as much as the HD.
    MP RC3 was installed after a clean installation of windows 7. Today i updated to RC4, but with no luck...

Attached is log files from the HD channel.

Bad signal:

01-06-2010 18:26:59.145 [db4]Demux : Video to render 1.487 Sec
    01-06-2010 18:27:03.149 [db4]Video Continuity error... 7 ( prev 5 )
    01-06-2010 18:27:04.365 [bfc]vid:set discontinuity
    01-06-2010 18:27:07.550 [db4]Demux : Video to render 1.465 Sec
    01-06-2010 18:27:08.120 [db4]Demux : Video to render 1.449 Sec
    01-06-2010 18:27:08.849 [db4]Demux : Video to render 1.437 Sec
    01-06-2010 18:27:18.200 [db4]Video Continuity error... 4 ( prev 2 )
    01-06-2010 18:27:19.406 [bfc]vid:set discontinuity
    01-06-2010 18:27:25.942 [db4]Video Continuity error... e ( prev c )
    01-06-2010 18:27:27.116 [db4]Demux : Audio to render 0.484 Sec
    01-06-2010 18:27:27.146 [bfc]vid:set discontinuity
    01-06-2010 18:27:29.983 [db4]Video Continuity error... 5 ( prev 3 )
    01-06-2010 18:27:31.185 [bfc]vid:set discontinuity
    01-06-2010 18:27:36.350 [db4]Video Continuity error... b ( prev 9 )
    01-06-2010 18:27:37.545 [bfc]vid:set discontinuity
    01-06-2010 18:27:52.152 [db4]Video Continuity error... 8 ( prev 6 )
    01-06-2010 18:27:53.305 [bfc]vid:set discontinuity
    01-06-2010 18:28:03.393 [db4]Video Continuity error... 8 ( prev 6 )
    01-06-2010 18:28:04.585 [bfc]vid:set discontinuity
    01-06-2010 18:28:12.342 [db4]Video Continuity error... f ( prev d )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom