Sony VGX-XL201 media center (1 Viewer)

alexeix

Portal Pro
January 28, 2005
UK
Hi,

Is anyone using one of these with Media Portal?

If so, what are your experiences? Any problems?
Thanks.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    You really should provide more info, you know...
    ... like this:
    http://www.comtech.de/product_info.php?ref=5&pID=159631
    Prozessor 1 x Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 / 1.86 GHz ( Dual-Core )
    Wichtigste Prozessormerkmale Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology, Intel Execute Disable Bit, Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology, Intel Virtualization Technology
    Cache-Speicher 2 MB L2
    Cache pro Prozessor 2 MB
    RAM 1 GB (installiert) / 3 GB (Max) - DDR II SDRAM - 667 MHz - PC2-5300
    Massenspeicher-Controller Serial ATA
    Festplatte 1 x 250 GB - Standard - Serial ATA-150
    Optische Speicher DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM
    Kartenleser Ja
    Monitor Keine(r)
    Grafik-Controller NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GTL - 256 MB
    TV-Tuner-Typ Digital- und Analog-TV - DVB-T

Find out more about the TV-card; manufacturer etc.

No other reason why it should not work - give it a try!

Oh, and it looks cool!

daHive

Portal Pro
    March 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i´m using it, also put a hauppauge hvr-4000 into the free pci-slot to watch dvb-s.
    i´m running mp 0.2.2 with svn from a week ago and tv server 0.3.
    the built-in tvcard is from avermedia, i´m only using it for 4 dvb-t channels but it´s working fine for them.
    overall performance is very nice, goes to and from standby in about 2 seconds and it´s very silent too.
    the only bigger problem i had so far was with updating nvidia drivers because with the new ones i couldn´t change the resolution to the setting i wanted(switched back to the default driver).

any other errors glitches i had are probably due to using svn versions of mp and tvserver, that´s why i´m anxious for a new release version :)

daHive

Portal Pro
    March 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ...forgot to mention: like with most of the pre-built, store-bought pc´s there´s quite a lot of bloatware on it(norton, a bunch of dvd stuff test versions etc.)

but like Spraglenakas said, it really looks cool :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Q1.) How do I tell what version of Media Portal 2 is installed? I installed Media Portal about a year ago and have not used it yet because of illness. Q2.) If there is a newer version, what is the best way to upgrade?
    Q1.) How do I tell what version of Media Portal 2 is installed? I installed Media Portal about a year ago and have not used it yet...
    Q1.) How do I tell what version of Media Portal 2 is installed? I installed Media Portal about a year ago and have not used it yet...
    Replies
    Views
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
    Replies
    Views
    Just those I attached. I messed about with task priorities MP/TV-Server/SQL-Server and the issue changed to the skin.. I would do something, but it would be 10's of seconds before the action happened. Doing an Alt-Tab would flush the actions. Too weird lol!! So, with some flak from the family, I had to give in. I just did a...
    Just those I attached. I messed about with task priorities MP/TV-Server/SQL-Server and the issue changed to the skin.. I would do...
    So, this one has me quite stumped. Have tried ) and a few things - driver updates, kicking the box, threatening it with a static...
    Replies
    Views
    The only changes I see are: Updated Marcel Groothuis version of the plugin to now support Media Portal 2.5 I can't say anything about the functionality of this plugin, I don't use TV Part, but if there are any changes that can be simply transferred, then I can try. But I can't give any guarantees.
    The only changes I see are: Updated Marcel Groothuis version of the plugin to now support Media Portal 2.5 I can't say anything...
    I am a long-time user of MediaPortal to watch TV. I use the Media Portal TV Server as a backend, and Kodi (previously known as...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom