Sound stops working after first playback (2 Viewers)

Glith

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Ok, hard to fix without able to reproduce on own side :(
Can you try different Intel driver (also older one) ? (to see if it's better or not)
I can see if I can find some different driver. But I dont want to fiddle around too much with it since it worked fine until this final release.
Earlier I had a lot of black screen bugs etc. So I was very happy with the pre-release.. but now something has changed.

Glith

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Installed the latest Intel driver(25.20.100.6519 with Intel Audio: 10.26.00.05) same results.
Logs with original core-dll and coreV2-dll attached.

I even reinstalled 1.21-pre and tried again and same result now. logs attached. :-(

Attachments

• MediaPortal_coreOriginal_latestIntel.zip
    21.3 KB
  • MediaPortal_coreV2_latestIntel.zip
    21.9 KB
  • MediaPortal_121pre_latestIntel.zip
    26.9 KB
Last edited:

Glith

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Another, probably unrelated, issue is the constant change of LAVFilter Audio delay change. I do not wish Mediaportal to hard change the settings of LAVFilter.
If I set the delay to 190ms in MP and check the remember box the value is set in LAVFilters as well. If i dont check the box LAVFilter is set to 0.
When using the CoreV2-dll I noticed it set the delay to 250ms which in my case is too high.

Please include a setting which states. "_DO NOT CHANGE_ my prefered setting in LAVFilters".
My sweetspot watching 24hz and 60hz content is 190ms for my setup.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here is for testing :)
    Also, I didn't fully understand what you are explaining about the audio delay but I have done some change in v3.

Glith

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Here is for testing :)
    Also, I didn't fully understand what you are explaining about the audio delay but I have done some change in v3.
    Regarding the delay, MediaPortal is forcing a permanent change to the LAVFilter audio configuration. This is not wanted.

I tried the new versions. Played the video three times. Logs attached.
    1-> Audio
    2-> No audio, small start delay of video
    3-> No audio, pretty long delay before video

Since it is working after every restart of MP, maybe you could somehow integrate some kind of audio device init when video ends. ? Sorry, I have no clue how MP works or what is possible but i'm a bit desperate. :p
    Thanks for all your efforts. =)

Attachments

• MediaPortal_V1_Core3.zip
      27.6 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Regarding the delay, MediaPortal is forcing a permanent change to the LAVFilter audio configuration. This is not wanted.

I tried the new versions. Played the video three times. Logs attached.
    1-> Audio
    2-> No audio, small start delay of video
    3-> No audio, pretty long delay before video

Since it is working after every restart of MP, maybe you could somehow integrate some kind of audio device init when video ends. ? Sorry, I have no clue how MP works or what is possible but i'm a bit desperate. :p
    Thanks for all your efforts. =)

If the option to restore refresh rate on the stop is checked, it should make audio device back, but it's really a weird design that Intel removes the audio device when a resolution change is hit.
    I'm here, you can reach me on IRC for direct talk and for testing some WIP code if you want, I'm available until 12:00, I will not be at home this afternoon :)

Glith

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi, I've been a bit busy this morning. But if you have some code you want to test, feel free to send it over and I can have a go and lets chat tonight or next week. Have a good day. =)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    OK, like I can't reproduce I will need your PC for testing and you behind :), so maybe next weekend will be good on my side :p

Glith

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, sounds like a plan.
    However, if I close MediaPortal and then start it again, sounds is back. So maybe you could add some "reset" option so that when playback ends it will reinitialize just like I'm restarting MediaPortal? Or what is causing the sound to come back by restarting MediaPortal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom