South African - Users (1 Viewer)

Nicot

Portal Member
September 22, 2012
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Ok I hope someone can help me in some sort of way somehow with my final setup problem.
Here is what I have:
Hauppauge-PVR150 tv tuner
Hauppage MCE Remote kit (receiver/blaster/transmitter)
MediaPortal 1.2.3
IRSS - 1.5.0.62
----------------
MY problem:
-Cant get the damn thing to blast to my STB :mad:
-----------------
What I have tried:
-these steps by Cacti
-1) Install IR Server
-2) Ensure you configure your blaster for transmit and receive and run IR Server as a service. (also tried it as application)
-3) Open TV Server configuration
-4) Enable the TV3 plug-in
-5) Open the TV3 config and select STB Config under the Plugin Setup
-6) Select Panasat IRD624DSTV under quick setup and click Set
-7) Test the blaster using the test function (when I click test the transmitter flashes but the STB doesnt respond)
-8) Also remember to disable the MCE remote under Media Portal Config
-9) You might have to restart MP to get the IR server to work correctly.

I have done re-installations and setups on MP and IRSS with reboots in between config changes etc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The learn method doesn't work for some reason, it just times out.
For some reason the test button and the selection box for selecting ports withing the learn box is greyed out but the port selection is on "both"
Within IRSS config the Microsft MCE transmit/receive check boxes are checked. Also "Windows messages" is checked to receive (dont know if it should be like that or not)
The blaster works perfectly in Windows 7 MC however.
If anybody has some sort of idea of some sort of method or config setting to try please let me know coz I dont know what else to try. :confused:

MTBiker

Portal Member
August 22, 2011
Home Country
The problem is that Panasat IRD624DSTV no longer works :( , you need to manually add your remote buttons :(

You will need to add each button ie 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 (And OK if you want) manually under the IR commands tab in the TV3 Blaster Plugin.

Hit the add button, give it a logically title ie 1 for button 1, the hit the learn button and point you DSTV remote at your blaster reciever and press the button you want to learn down for about 1 second. It should then say that it was successfull learnt. Press the Test button and your dstv should pickup the blast :)

Now repeat the above for all your buttons :eek:

Once you have successfully learnt all the buttons you will then need to map the buttons to your TV Card.

You can do this buy clicking on the "Plugin Setup" tab and then the "STB Setup" button. Next select the correct TV card tab, then select "Digit 0" and then select your programed "0" button from the dropdown list below the commands window. Repeat for all the "Digits" and you are done :)

Also you might want to change "Channel digits" to 3 digits.

More info here:
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/3_IRSS_(IR_Server_Suite)/MP1_Plugins/TV3_Blaster_Plugin

Nicot

Portal Member
September 22, 2012
Home Country
Thanks for the response MT but my problem with that solution is that it doesn't learn the remote buttons, when I push lets say "1" during learn the receiver light gives a flash when letting go of "1" but eventually it just times out. It does that with DSD1131 and DSD1132 SD remotes. BUT all is well in Win7 MC...

Nicot

Portal Member
September 22, 2012
Home Country
Thanx Heina but that doesn't seem to work either. Oh what am I to do :cry:[DOUBLEPOST=1348674011][/DOUBLEPOST]MT do you perhaps have IR command files I can try? Or anybody else for that matter?

MTBiker

Portal Member
August 22, 2011
Home Country
Ok, I've done all the changes ;)

Download my updated logo pack here: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/tv-channels/dstv-logos-south-africa (Remember to give it 5 stars (y))
I would suggest deleting all the exsisting DSTV logos from C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\tv\logos before installing.

I've attached the changes needed if you are running WebGrab+Plus, just overwrite you exsisting files with the files in the attached zip :)

For those of you that are downloading the guide from http://nfxd.co.za/epg/tvguide.zip it will be updated from tomorrow to reflect the changes (2nd October)

Please pm me if you find any errors or issues :whistle:

Attachments

• WebGrab+Plus DSTV Updates.zip
    6.8 KB

Nicot

Portal Member
September 22, 2012
Home Country
Cool thanx MT really appreciate it. Does the guide show the series season number and episode number info on your side?

Heina

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2008
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Home Country
    Thanx MTbiker

I have the same question as Nicot though. I see MP does save something in the episode title field in the db, but all my series recordings are currently recording every broadcast even though it is set up to check for duplicates by episode title

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom