Special edition tagging system (1 Viewer)

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    How do I name my "special edition" movies to get the scraper to catch it? I tried adding [Directors Cut] to the folder, but the movie is still just named Arn - Tempelriddaren in the DB.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper (Fix English, Rename+Group, RottenTomatoes, and more) v3.2.4

How do I name my "special edition" movies to get the scraper to catch it? I tried adding [Directors Cut] to the folder, but the movie is still just named Arn - Tempelriddaren in the DB.

The special editions work based on filename. The only way to read the filename was in the search node. So I used a dirty trick to pass stuff between search node and details node, via the AKA titles.

However, because AKA titles are also used to determine a movie match, I could only abuse the AKA title if I knew there was a 100% match on the movie. So this is why you have to supply the IMDb tt-ID alongside the special edition tags that are supported.

You can use the filename itself to do so, or the NFO system.

Filename example: "Avatar (tt0499549) (3D).mkv" will result in title "Avatar (3D)"

Current supported editions (text has to be enclosed in () {} or [] brackets) are:

• 3D
    • Extended
    • Unrated
    • Director's Cut
    • Alternate Ending
    • 3D Edition
    • Extended Edition
    • Unrated Edition
    • Director's Cut Edition
    • Alternate Ending Edition

I'm actually working on expanding that list by adding a few more scene nameing conventions, but for the time being the above is it.

PS: If foldername usage is something you feel should be added, let me know, should be possible to include support for that.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

The special editions work based on filename. The only way to read the filename was in the search node. So I used a dirty trick to pass stuff between search node and details node, via the AKA titles.

However, because AKA titles are also used to determine a movie match, I could only abuse the AKA title if I knew there was a 100% match on the movie. So this is why you have to supply the IMDb tt-ID alongside the special edition tags that are supported.

You can use the filename itself to do so, or the NFO system.

Filename example: "Avatar (tt0499549) (3D).mkv" will result in title "Avatar (3D)"

Current supported editions (text has to be enclosed in () {} or [] brackets) are:

• 3D
    • Extended
    • Unrated
    • Director's Cut
    • Alternate Ending
    • 3D Edition
    • Extended Edition
    • Unrated Edition
    • Director's Cut Edition

I'm actually working on expanding that list by adding a few more scene nameing conventions, but for the time being the above is it.

PS: If foldername usage is something you feel should be added, let me know, should be possible to include support for that.

Thank you, I thought I'd read that somewhere before, but couldn't find it.

Well the only reason I see for foldername usage is for DVD and BluRay folder since they don't have a filename to match, but the script seems to import these files without a problem I'm guessing it's already supported?

But then again I don't think the the built in renamer for MediaPortal works with DVD-BD-folders, so don't really know how that works.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Well the only reason I see for foldername usage is for DVD and BluRay folder since they don't have a filename to match, but the script seems to import these files without a problem I'm guessing it's already supported?

The scraper will import the folder based movies fine, but there is currently no support for the special editions tagging then. That only works on filenames containing the tag.

Looking at the code that handles that, it actually should not be much work to add in special edition tagging via foldername, so will add that for next release.

Edit: Ok, foldername code is already done and in place for v3.3.0, but I want to add a lot more, such as the the summary/taglines in those 7 other languages. I'm also trying to finish the plugin for auto-update (will only work for MediaPortal v1.2) and an MPEI package for easy installation.

If you have a need for foldername tagging right now, I can release a quick v3.2.5 update, but I rather just focus on getting the rest done first.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

The scraper will import the folder based movies fine, but there is currently no support for the special editions tagging then. That only works on filenames containing the tag.

Looking at the code that handles that, it actually should not be much work to add in special edition tagging via foldername, so will add that for next release.

Edit: Ok, foldername code is already done and in place for v3.3.0, but I want to add a lot more, such as the the summary/taglines in those 7 other languages. I'm also trying to finish the plugin for auto-update (will only work for MediaPortal v1.2) and an MPEI package for easy installation.

If you have a need for foldername tagging right now, I can release a quick v3.2.5 update, but I rather just focus on getting the rest done first.

No need rushing things, Ive decided to wait untill everything is ready before I update to 1.2.0 anyways :)

And thanks once again for your work.

BigDoom

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper (Fix English, Rename+Group, RottenTomatoes, and more) v3.2.5

(...) Current supported editions (text has to be enclosed in () {} or [] brackets) are:

• 3D
    • Extended
    • Unrated
    • Director's Cut
    • Alternate Ending
    • 3D Edition
    • Extended Edition
    • Unrated Edition
    • Director's Cut Edition

(..)
    Tried using Extended Edition, but that didn't work. Renamed the file to Extended and that works perfect.

Got a few remarks about the rename list after sifting thru it:

Your missing the following movies in your list:

Question about prequels, I quote from Wikipedia: Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (..) It is the third installment (chronologically the first) in the Underworld series. (..)

Now you add them in release order, but it's better so see the prequel first and then underworld one and two (I've seen the movies btw)...? This is also with the movie X-Men: First Class which is a prequel of the X-men series.

Maybe an idea to name them in release order (like now) but sort them chronologically, so prequel before the rest.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper (Fix English, Rename+Group, RottenTomatoes, and more) v3.2.5

Tried using Extended Edition, but that didn't work. Renamed the file to Extended and that works perfect.

I just added "Avatar (Extended Edition).avi" without a problem. If it still fails for you, please provide me with a scraper-debug enabled ZIPed up movingpictures.log file, so I can see why it fails for you.

Your missing the following movies in your list:

Question about prequels, I quote from Wikipedia: Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (..) It is the third installment (chronologically the first) in the Underworld series. (..)

Now you add them in release order, but it's better so see the prequel first and then underworld one and two (I've seen the movies btw)...? This is also with the movie X-Men: First Class which is a prequel of the X-men series.

There is no optimized way to go through a comparison array inside the scraper script code. So the larger the rename database becomes, the longer it takes. With the existing database already growing towards 1000 entries, I'm actually working on ideas to optimize this system with more 'hacks', but for the time being I try to avoid movies that don't need to be renamed.

So when imdb.com names the movie correct, such as "House II: The Second Story" (which is what I would have used to rename it into) I decided to leave out the XML entry.

As for pre-quels, movies belong together either on story line, or from sharing cast. The "X-Men: First Class" is one of those weird group ones. Yes, it is a pre-quel to the existing X-Men trilogy, but it is totally different cast and they even took liberty with the canon by changing a few things. There is also a sequel coming out with same case in 2014 (So I'll add it the same way as I did with Avatar, and not yet rename 1st movie until 2nd is a few weeks away from premiere in theaters). The end result is that "X-Men: First Class" gets sorted before "X-Men I", so it is still grouped together and even in such a way that some users can watch the prequel series before the regular one. But even IMDb has no movie-connection between them, and I tend to follow that.

Which brings us to Resident Evil V: Retribution, yes it is prequel, yes it is same cast, but IMDb has movie connection that 'follows' all the other movies. It is my own preference as well to watch them in release year order then, with the prequel part being the same as a flashback moment halfway in a movie. It is not like the director did not intend on that and release a seperate movie that puts the flashback moment at the start of the movie :D (actually scratch that, they did just release a Chronological version of the awesome movie 'Memento', which plays in reverse normally, but not sure if the director was behind that or a money grubbing studio).

The same argument goes along Star Wars fan, do you watch episode 4, 5 and 6 first and then 1, 2, and 3... or in the 1-6 order. I've watched them in chronological order as they have been released to theaters, so my own preference is to the 4-6+1-3 order. It's not that bad that 4-6 is like in black and white and 1-3 in color, but even with all the CGI redo on the recent Blu-Ray re-release it is still not the same experience (and Han has to shoot first if you ask me).

But this is why there is now the 'Custom' rename XML file option, you can rename it any which way you like. You can of course adjust the default rename file as well, but then you have to constantly manual merge things when a new version comes out (which is going to ruin the ease of the upcomming auto-update system).

I would have eventually added "Men In Black" and "Independence Day", but now that I'm working on speeding up the rename system I don't have any objections anymore to adding more entries. It might be that I have to rename them later when title gets altered with a sub-title, like they did for the upcomming Hobbits movies, but at least the entries are in there. The 1st movies right now are left alone until 2nd one is actually released or very close to release. There is also a new generation of HTPC users born every minute, I still remember the original Straw Dogs with awesome acting by Dustin Hoffman, and there is a good chance they will ruin it with this remake that I haven't seen yet. But there is also a large group of MediaPortal users who will unfortunatly go "Hoffman, who?", which makes me feel very old and at the same time understand that is was better to rename the 1971 version as "Straw Dogs (Original)", so that a new user is not confronted with "Straw Dogs (Remake)" when they might never have the intention to add the original to their collection, unlike with say Star Wars series (I hope).

With as many series that are released or already exist, it is easy to skip one though, so keep those suggestions coming :D :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread