<<<< special MP version for software TV test ins (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

hi all,

I just tested a Lifeview Prime34 analogue PCI tuner (about $60 retail in Australia) and it tuned and worked with no problems (using the v3.21 Lifeview drivers from their web site).

Recording / timeshifting did not work, but I don''t think that's working at all for software only cards at the moment?

A suggestion for the AUTO-UPDATE feature - is it updating to the latest CVS build? If so, then could the version information say something like "v0.0.0.2 10/8/04 CVS" or similar please? That way it will be easier to help supply info and debug for the programmers.

cheers,

Gizmomelb

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    SWANN USB WEBCAM works well with tvtest2 with 0.0.0.2 update.

the magnifying glass works(to fullscreen mode)....but the penguin doesnt like me....i guess only hardware tv cards support the background function.

cheffe97

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Medion Philips 7194 card

thanx, updated manually (see other post related to auto update which does not work for me, but manually it worked).
    SW TV card works now (even with no frequency entered (-- german K + S channels) but pictures is not shown with 25 frames. When u start TV it works fine for about 1 sec and it starts skipping frames.
    But anyways good attempt. Pls. proceed suppport for SW cards as many ppl use them I guess (at least in Germany with the popular ALDI comp)

kricker

Portal Member
    April 22, 2004
    after being out of the loop for awhile i cam back to give mediaportal another whirl. some of the first versions with the tv used to work before switching to only supporting Hardware encoding cards. this tvtest version is now working for viewing with my ATI all in wonder 7500. but i can not record (maybe you haven't got that far yet) and my preview pin will not change from 320x240.

to get it to work i actually had to "auto tune" the tuner in the setup. before doing that i had no sound or picture in the tv module, even though i had setup my channels thru the guide.

it is working with overlay, and both vrm9s. any more info i can give i'll be glad to. keep up the great work.

A

Anonymous

ATI All-in-wonder Radeon 32Mb vs. sound on TV

I have also tried to get the tuner to work. I get the pictures I want but no sound?? Is this a know problem with ATI or what is the deal here??

Jeppe

A

Anonymous

Has the "special build" now become version 0.0.0.4?

If so, how do we get the TV channels to tune in?
    I've tried many times, but without any success at all :(

A

Anonymous

I now have sound .... a minor click in the ms sound setup and I was running. But now I am having problems with recording. I can watch, I can record but there is no picture. I get a file but it will not play..

any ideas?

Jeppe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom