Specify custom mysql port (1 Viewer)

vc1541

July 22, 2014
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

how can I specify a custom (not 3306) mysql server port with tv-server?

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome

You can configure the database connection [after installing] in c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\gentle.config.
    gentle.config is a text file that can be opened and edited in any text editor (notepad, wordpad etc.).
    Look for the first line starting "<DefaultProvider name="MySQL" ...". Change the "connectionString" value as required (probably just add "...;Port=1234;").
    You must restart the TV service after changing gentle.config.

mm

Sam Lowry

February 23, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This works for TVService and MediaPortal, but SetupTV doesn't notice the new port. How can I fix this?
    Where is the gentle.config resp. connectionString for SetupTV?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thats it. Thanks.
    Thats it. Thanks.
    I have installed win10. After the mp1.32 installation didn't work without problems, I reinstalled 1.31 and restored my old settings...
    Replies
    Views
    To be fair the normal uninstall is usually more than sufficient. I regularly uninstall and reinstall MP 1 as part of the testing process and only very rarely have I needed to use the manual procedure posted by @CyberSimian to overcome the error you ran into. I also believe there is a procedure to repair the MySQL install in the event...
    To be fair the normal uninstall is usually more than sufficient. I regularly uninstall and reinstall MP 1 as part of the testing...
    I am trying to install Mediaportal with TV Server. I tried many versions, including current x64 and new prerelease x86, and...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Copy this https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/update-gentle-net-and-mysql-data-dll.129139/ And TV Server start with MariaDB 10.11.2.
    Copy this https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/update-gentle-net-and-mysql-data-dll.129139/ And TV Server start with MariaDB...
    I updated my MySQL server from 8.0.28 to 8.0.29 and now the tvservice crashes on start. The attached log doesn't give me a clue...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom