Speech Recognition for MP2 (1 Viewer)

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
November 10, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Country flag
Any plans for speech recognition for MP2.

In MP1 i had a solution with WIFIRemote and Voxcommando, but development of wifiremote seems stop.

Perhaps, their is a way for Alexa or Google Assistent

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Any plans for speech recognition for MP2.
    Currently not.

Perhaps, their is a way for Alexa or Google Assistent
    Are you aware of the major data leak from Amazon? Amazon - and probably Google too - stores the complete speech data. Speaking for myself here: I don't want anybody listening into my home and certainly not storing the recorded data forever.

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    With MP! i had a local solution with voxcommando over wifiremote. Any plans to get wifiremote fully worked.?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I'd be also interested in having alexa support. My complete household (blinds, lights, heating, ...) can be controlled by speach input.
    Switching TV-channels and controlling a movie without remote would be of interest and also a selling feature I think.

Just to understand, how did it work with wifiremote exactly? Is it a solution for only a specific feature or does it fully support all commands?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Meanwhile I found this here.
    Wifiremote is also supported again with MP2.3 and even part of the "core package".
    Anyone interested to implement alexa support? @CodeMonkey

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, just a quick piece of information: In my server/client setup, I had one client with very annoying Live TV behavior. TV would start alright, but after some random time, it would freeze. I could restart TV most of the time by stopping and restarting it, but of course, there were some seconds lost of the running show. Today, I...
    Hi, just a quick piece of information: In my server/client setup, I had one client with very annoying Live TV behavior. TV would...
    Hi, just a quick piece of information: In my server/client setup, I had one client with very annoying Live TV behavior. TV would...
    Replies
    Views
    "TV Server" can produce logs with various levels of detail. The level that has the most detail is DEBUG level, but this is not the default. So the first thing that you need to do is start "TV Server Config" and change the log level to DEBUG; see this page in the Wiki. Actually, I run my HTPC with the log level set to DEBUG all of the...
    "TV Server" can produce logs with various levels of detail. The level that has the most detail is DEBUG level, but this is not the...
    Hi Folks, Are there any TV recording logs available in MP2, and if so could someone let me know where to look? I have a weird...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 DLNA status? DE
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though. That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;) Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything...
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't...
    So I'm wondering what the state of play is with MP2 and DLNA functionality? When I started this post, I did see some posts...
    Replies
    Views
    That's fun. I shattered my kneecap on one of those e-scooters. I'm terribly out of shape from the months of being bedridden. I didn't get fat, at least, but a walk in the park is not an expression of something being easy anymore.
    That's fun. I shattered my kneecap on one of those e-scooters. I'm terribly out of shape from the months of being bedridden. I...
    It seems odd that most of the problems that people complain about are that we can't switch to MP2 because there's no plugins for...
    Replies
    Views
    Just for your information: couldn't find the ns*.tmp file...
    Just for your information: couldn't find the ns*.tmp file...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom