ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Country flag
    Hmmm, i say, Ok Google, turn on Mediaportal, and my HTPC stsrting :) after start TV turned On, and after start playing, light turned off :)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Country flag
    Thats cool :cool: How many days tweaking did you spend to make it work?
    1 day for Plugin, 1 day for settings, 1-3 for beauty tweaks, now it works the way I need it at the moment. All in all, it didn't take more than three days. And it wasn't full, I had to do household chores.

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Country flag
    @ge2301
    Latests added Movies and Series on my Info tablet ...
    1631184761954.png
    Screen after playing:
    1631184792607.png
    :)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Back in 2018, I bought an Alexa speaker and as proof of concept developed a skill to control MediaPortal 1 (Toggle Playback Pause/Play and Stop) with it. I've been using it since, but didn't put much more effort into it. Didn't really have the time (still don't) for publishing and supporting it.

If there is actually interest, I could try to make it official.
    The end-user setup is pretty easy, nothing as the Kodi stuff described in this thread... All you need is an Amazon Account to link MediaPortal with the Skill.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    1 day for Plugin, 1 day for settings, 1-3 for beauty tweaks, now it works the way I need it at the moment. All in all, it didn't take more than three days. And it wasn't full, I had to do household chores.
    That's not so much time. Maybe I'm still keeping the complicated Kodi solution in mind.
    Maybe you can also share it, so others can extend it further. I'd love to implement into MP2, but that's beyond my skills :whistle:

@ge2301
    Latests added Movies and Series on my Info tablet ...
    1631184761954.png 1631184761954.png
    Screen after playing:
    1631184792607.png 1631184792607.png
    Is this related to voice control or just the share the web surface?

Back in 2018, I bought an Alexa speaker and as proof of concept developed a skill to control MediaPortal 1 (Toggle Playback Pause/Play and Stop) with it. I've been using it since, but didn't put much more effort into it. Didn't really have the time (still don't) for publishing and supporting it.

If there is actually interest, I could try to make it official.
    The end-user setup is pretty easy, nothing as the Kodi stuff described in this thread... All you need is an Amazon Account to link MediaPortal with the Skill.
    Back in 2018 I bought also my first Alexa, meanwhile every room has once, because it's a full smart home :)
    Is it possible to develop personal skills, that are not visible to all on amazon? I searched once for any mediaportal skill and the keyword was unknown.
    Of course it would be really cool to share at least the code here, so we have besides @ajs google solution also an alela solution as base, that somebody might be interested to extend. I believe there is a big user-base for speach control.

In the end there is nothing concrete for MP2 yet, but better than nothing ;)
    If there is a base it could be also easier transported.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Country flag
    Is this related to voice control or just the share the web surface?
    I can say that this is a byproduct of the connection Media Portal and Home Assistant, all control on the side of Home Assistant, voice control of any assistant, Alexa, Google, Maria, Alisa is already a problem Home Assistant.
    But in general, since the control is through MQTT, you can use any smart home that supports this mode.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Amazon just publlished my skill:
    The Description contains a download link for the MP1 plugin. I leave it like this for now, so someone can test and give feedback ;)
    That it good news. With the public skill I can also understand how it's working now. I was a bit wondering how you made it work without a skill ;)
    Unfortunately I can not test MP1, I'm only usinf MP2 as productive system.

In case it is working, are you willing to push the source code of the plugin to github, so somebody might transfer it also to MP2?
    I've never created a skill, is that rocket science, ot compared to the plugin for MP rather easy? :whistle:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I installed MP1 to just test the skill. I configured the client plugin and alexa skill (both linked and enabled). I can can not play , pause or stop any playback. Alexa always says "I don't know this".
    I'm going to uninstall MP1 again, because the mouse controls and skin scare me :confused:;)

Users who are viewing this thread