[WiP] Speech Recognition for MP2 (1 Viewer)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's unfortunate to hear. Did you save the MediaPortal log file by any chance?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Network-Connection from MediaPortal was working. But Amazon logs show that the account was not linked yet from MediaPortal Config?

The correct steps to get it working are:
    1. Configure the plugin in MediaPortal and login with your Amazon account from MP Config.
    2. Run MediaPortal and keep it running for the next step - important so device discovery from Alexa will find it - think of it like a light bulb that needs power to be discovered...
    3. Activate the skill in Alexa App and let it find devices - after that you should see MediaPortal as TV in the Alexa App.

You can tell Alexa to Find Devices again if it fails the first time.

For testing I always Play a Movie and Say "Alexa Pause on MediaPortal".

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Network-Connection from MediaPortal was working. But Amazon logs show that the account was not linked yet from MediaPortal Config?

The correct steps to get it working are:
    1. Configure the plugin in MediaPortal and login with your Amazon account from MP Config.
    2. Run MediaPortal and keep it running for the next step - important so device discovery from Alexa will find it - think of it like a light bulb that needs power to be discovered...
    3. Activate the skill in Alexa App and let it find devices - after that you should see MediaPortal as TV in the Alexa App.

You can tell Alexa to Find Devices again if it fails the first time.

For testing I always Play a Movie and Say "Alexa Pause on MediaPortal".
    Ok, thanks. Following these steps it is working finally. Once I activated the Alexa Skill in Firefox it was searching for devices to connect and I saw my home list and "this device", not "MediaPortal". I selected it, and my Alexa App then shows "MediaPortal" with the TV symbol as you mentioned.
    I quickly tried following:
    "Alexa, PAUSE on MediaPortal" -> Works, playback paused (prior playback running)
    "Alexa, STOP on MediaPortal" -> Works, playback paused (prior playback running)
    "Alexa, PLAY on MediaPortal" -> Does not work "I don't know this" (prior playback paused)
    "Alexa, PLAY on MediaPortal" -> Does not work "I don't know this" (Focus on media item)

Would be really great, if we could bring something this to MP2 aswell, MP1 is not usable for me :cry:
    Is the skill limited to these playback features or theoretically could be extended?

Edit:
    I found at least following, so seems to offer further potential.

The Video Skill API exposes a variety of functionality including:
    • Searching and playing content
    • Playback controls, such as pause and rewind
    • Adjusting the volume
    • Turning a video device on or off
    • Changing the video device input
    • Launching an app or GUI shortcut
    • Recording video content
    • Channel navigation
    • Video catalog ingestion

Users who are viewing this thread