SpinSafe going 1080... (1 Viewer)

Do you use a 1920x1080 screen for mediaportal?

• Yes

Votes: 393 74.4%
  • No

Votes: 135 25.6%

• Total voters

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Here's a bug; the screen calibration screen (the frame) is the wrong size. Look at my screendump taken @ 1920 x 1080 (1080p).
    Tanks for reporting. Added to bugtracker.

Looks very slick otherwise, but my HTPC is too slow to go 1080, so I'm sticking with 720p for now. I'm gonna upgrade my RAM to 4 gb, will that make any difference? (I know win32 can't handle more than 3 gb btw).

Emph

Do you realy need that much ram in a HTPC ? I dont think i never have used more than 2 GB of ram ... on any computer.
    You can see my HTPC specs if you hold the mouse over "My system", and as you can see i have 1.5GB in my HTPC and even that is more than i need.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yeah, but RAM is super cheap right now and I sometimes play games and use Photoshop. Would be nice if MediaPortal runs smoother as a bonus.

Emph

mascot

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Mirk: Is there any screenshot of how your skin looks in picture in picure mode? (or mediaportal 2 in PIP mode at all)

Can u chose 2 channels beside each other (PAP) and PIP (small window inside big window with second channel) ??

And how does your skin look in music playback? And is there a screensaver mode to playback music/radio and not get burn in on the plasma?? Or show my photos while listening to music? or change between different cover art in same folder as the music is?? would be a nice function... coverart (back, front, inside etc) randomly displayed on screen together with track info, album info, artist, track number, time running etc. or maybe a screensaver with images of the actual artist?

You think I will be able to use it on my 8" touschscreen when the plasma is turned off?

(Så man kan välja musik i MP3-arkivet osv på touchscreen skärmen, så bökigt att slå igång plasman bara för det.. hehe!!)

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Mirk: Is there any screenshot of how your skin looks in picture in picure mode? (or mediaportal 2 in PIP mode at all)
    Can u chose 2 channels beside each other (PAP) and PIP (small window inside big window with second channel) ??
    This skin is for MP1 and it has no support for PIP. MP2 have it, but i have no sceens of it.

And how does your skin look in music playback? And is there a screensaver mode to playback music/radio and not get burn in on the plasma?? Or show my photos while listening to music? or change between different cover art in same folder as the music is?? would be a nice function... coverart (back, front, inside etc) randomly displayed on screen together with track info, album info, artist, track number, time running etc. or maybe a screensaver with images of the actual artist?
    I have uploaded a new screen to the first post, showing "Now Playing screen", that is one of the "playback" screens.
    The second is the vizzulation screen but that one is not possible for me to get a screen of. I only get a black screen when doing that.

You think I will be able to use it on my 8" touschscreen when the plasma is turned off?

(Så man kan välja musik i MP3-arkivet osv på touchscreen skärmen, så bökigt att slå igång plasman bara för det.. hehe!!)

Maybee, i dont have any experice with this kind of displays. But i suspect it would be a problem becuse of the size of the GFX.

Why not test the skin you self ?

mascot

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Mirk: That looks good. What about the buttons on screen?? Are there any way to enlarge them in a setting or so??

I'm buildning a new HTPC but waiting for the motherboard (AMD 780g chipset) - its coming beginningf of march. Just researching mediaportal a bit..

I'll try mediaportal with your skin on my other pc out while I wait for the damn motherboard..

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Spinsafe runs very smoothly now that I've put more RAM in (4 GB @ 266Mhz). Perhaps I have too much other stuff going on in my system, but that's clearly not a problem anymore.

Emph

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a problem running this skin. When I launch MP with this skin it only starts up in the taskbar. Ihear MP is running but it does not show on screen. I run Vista and tried to remove the spincache folder, which is under app data, however nothing works. Is there anyone running Vista who has the skin running?

When I use alt-enter, it scales the skin down but again no graphics. Only alt-F4 is then to be used to shutdown MP.

Anyone please help!

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    problem

Ok still trying. Forgot to post the error log. It seems it runs into a problem using directX. It states a memory problem however it could hardly be spec related. Anyone any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom