SpinSafe going 1080... (2 Viewers)

Do you use a 1920x1080 screen for mediaportal?

• Yes

Votes: 393 74.4%
  • No

Votes: 135 25.6%

• Total voters

aswieton

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2007
    Warsaw
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Ok still trying. Forgot to post the error log. It seems it runs into a problem using directX. It states a memory problem however it could hardly be spec related. Anyone any suggestions?
    I have the same problem

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I did some more testing. I found out that the standard resolution spinsafe skin has the same behaviour. So we probably have to look at the core of the skin.:(

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Since I'm desperate to have a 1920 skin, I started to compare the code of the spinsafe skins with other skins that do work on my machine. I thought I found the solution because it stated import fonts.xml in basic home screen, which other skins don't. however changing this did not solve the problem :(

Can we please determine whether this problem is vista related, since the cache files are also stored in different locations as in XP

Come on people let us make this work and inventory who has this problem and what the solutions are.

Let's give mirk's work some respect and convince the developers to make 1920 skins available in MPII as well!

Tirade

Portal Member
    January 22, 2008
    I'll install this on my vista box and report back. It does work fine on XP though.

Since I'm desperate to have a 1920 skin, I started to compare the code of the spinsafe skins with other skins that do work on my machine. I thought I found the solution because it stated import fonts.xml in basic home screen, which other skins don't. however changing this did not solve the problem :(

Can we please determine whether this problem is vista related, since the cache files are also stored in different locations as in XP

Come on people let us make this work and inventory who has this problem and what the solutions are.

Let's give mirk's work some respect and convince the developers to make 1920 skins available in MPII as well!

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ok hopefull

Ok that's hopefull then. Then it must be something else, however I have no idea yet. Thnx for figuring that out Tirade. Further I use Ultramon to switch screens and I use a Nvidia card 8800. Back to the drawing board!

ubuntux

February 29, 2008
    The myweather is cluttered, does someone have a good xml file for that? And how do i get rid of that annoying sounds? Besides that i love the skin!

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Copy the "media/sounds" folder from some other skin over the "sounds" in this skin's folder. XFace has nice discrete sounds. So does Monochrome.

Emph

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hallo.

Just to show that im not sleeping through the holidays we have here in sweden :). I wanted to share some screens of a new TVSeries layout im working on.
    Dont worry, if you think the old version is better, the old skinfile will still be avalible ( but with future version of the TVSeries plugin it may not look so good without changes)

Attachments

• 14-06-19.png
      14-06-19.png
      973.5 KB
    • 14-06-59.png
      14-06-59.png
      479.1 KB
    • 14-07-13.png
      14-07-13.png
      476.7 KB
    • 14-07-28.png
      14-07-28.png
      806 KB
    • 14-07-55.png
      14-07-55.png
      926.9 KB
    • 14-08-30.png
      14-08-30.png
      945.3 KB
    • 14-09-14.png
      14-09-14.png
      809.8 KB
    • 14-11-44.png
      14-11-44.png
      1.3 MB

tezz81

October 12, 2007
    :D

I love this skin, heads and shoulders above anything else when using 1080 resolution. I encourage you to keep up the development, I wish I could contribute only my programming skills are nil. Sorry for spamming

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom