Even going back to a previous version of MPTVseries didn't help

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Okay, then please try renaming the said files and see if that resolves your issue. If it does I will have to do a test on my system and possible escape that character. Just seems strange to me that it's only starting to be a problem now, surely people over the years have had that character in their episode names.

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Even more strange is it that it also pops up with already watched episodes.
    Like I said, I didn't have that problem until a few weeks ago. Maybe MSServer related?
    after googling the issue I found out that SQLite had problemens with the single ' character. In that website the solution was to double the ' character.
    I will try to see if that helps as well.

Anyway, thanks for your quick reply!

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    No, I am using this platform for 1,5 years now, but maybe it is a server thing?
    I am doing a clean MP install now with clean plugin installation. Let's see if that helps.
    if not, I suspect Microsoft :)

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi again.

After changing the files and foldernames for MPTVSeries and Moving pictures, the movies and episodes are watchable again.
    So this is a workaround, but still strange to get this.
    When I changed the name ' into '' (two times '), the issue was also gone.

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Any more word on this issue? I noticed today after watching a tv show that had the ' in the filename i got a SQL error that the only way to get it to go away is to quit MePo and start it back up.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Unless somebody can give a step by step process to follow that will allow anybody not experiencing the problem to then be able to see what is going wrong, it will be near impossible to actually fix it.

Reproduction of a problem is first step in solving it​

Now granted, debug verbosity log files could allow a developer to possibly find out why it is failing on your end and if extremly lucky backtrack the conditions that caused it. This however is much harder then reproducing steps and unless the error is obvious not always possible either. MP-TVSeries also supports a debug option to turn on SQL logging, which puts a massive stress on your system and generates huuuuge logs. That is why it is much easier if you are able to explain the steps needed to reproduce the problem on a freshly installed working setup.

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ok. I have a tv show called "The Following" one of the episodes is called Poet's fire, i use the file renamed to have all my files named as follow's - D:\TV Shows\Series\Season ##\Series - S##E## - EpisodeTitle. I started watching this remotely using Web MediaPortal yesterday. Today i sat down to finish it on my tv. I selected it and started watching and the SQL error came up. I do use trakt with both MediaPortal and WebMediaPortal to help keep the watch flags synced. I will turn on verbose debugging and see if it will do it again tonight. If having access to my system will help we can even talk about that route.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    So MPExtended?

SQLite is not very optimized for concurrent access to the same database. It is very probable that MPExtended is causing the SQL corruption, which means they would have to look at their code to see what is causing that to happen and fix it. Otherwise the MP-TVSeries developer, or I for that matter would have long ago noticed the same problem on the many shows and or episode titles that have a ' character in the filename.

Example shows coming to mind are "Da Vinci's Demons", "Grey's Anatomy", "Hell's Kitchen (US)", and "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D", which are working fine for everybody using MP-TVSeries. The problem is that I know quite a few people who use MPExtended as well and I know from their Trakt history that they have watched "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D", so this is going to be one tricky scenario to test.

It could be something very specific to your setup that caused the corruption to occur and now that it happened you are stuck with it.

The only way to properly fix it usually means you have to actually delete the DB3 file and start from scratch. This time ensuring that nothing is running concurrent that could cause the corruption to happen again.

One thing I'm curious though is if the corruption in your database is detectable by SQLite pragma command. I actually wrote an automatic backup/restore script for that, which might have allowed you to prevent the corruption.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/corrupted-database.120376/#post-1014075

You could try out the parts that actually test for corruption, to see if you are impacted by that. At least then we know for sure the source of your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom