SQL error with MP-TVSeries (1 Viewer)

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
May 5, 2012
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ok, I will try that tonight. I guess next question would be and I may need to search the forms but is there anyway to make everything run off MySQL instead of SQLite?

----- Edit -----
Doing some more thinking about my setup. I'm wondering if the issue is how SQLite deals with ' in the file path and not just series name and concurrent access with multiple programs.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    MP-TVSeries properly escapes the ' char, but something on your setup undid that by adjusting the database.

As for converting from SQLite to a more robust SQL environment. Everything is open source, so all you need are books to learn and time to do it :)

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    @RoChess, I had a second to remote into my computer and run that script ya posted. I'm pretty sure that the Database isn't/wasn't corrupt from the log file it created. Also I am wondering why it is only current shows for example this one this time. I always have MPExtended running and MediaPortal. Anyways I am starting to wonder if it is this plugin or another one. I will do more test and post back.

Edit: Attached are is the log file

Edit: Attached is the log file where there was a syntax error when looking for the episode in SQLite.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    First you're going to need to start with a clean system and take any plugin out of the equation that modifies/reads the database directly in any way.

You can't attach a single log file and expect much help, what plugins do you use which touch/modify the database outside of TVSeries's knowledge? You can rule out trakt as that goes via the tvseries plugin API so its safe plus I would of noticed that being an issue long ago.

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    It isn't that i am saying help with only this one log file. I posted that because i noticed it. And the only plugin that touches my db except for tv-series is mpextended to my knowledge but I'm not sure how that communicates to the db. I did install a plugin awhile back that people noticed a similar issue. I uninstalled that plugin and troubleshoot more tonight. For the most part i have a bare system. My plugins are IMDB+, LAVFilters, Moving Pictures, MP-TVSeries, MusicInfoHandler, ScedulesDirect, Trakt, WifiRemote, and MPExtended. Also at the time i posted the log file i only had a few minutes on my machine. I did open up the database and ran that SQL statement using sqlitebrowser and that program kept locking up. I added a extra ' in front of the s and it ran and pulled up everything. As far as the plugin it was MP Remote server. I do not use it is why i uninstalled.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    First check that TVSeries is indeed escaping the apostrophe after an import. Then you will need to keep an eye on it to see if it reverts that, good old detective work.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @mediacowboy, as stated it is indeed going to be the Sherlock Holmes approach to debugging. Exclude everything so that what you are left with even if it is unlikely *is* the cause. If MP-TVSeries would over time corrupt the database or be unable to deal with ' char inside folder or filename, then thousands of users would have already complained. That already tells us it is something else on your system, or worse a combination of things.

Starting clean and keeping a constant eye on what event triggers the problem is going to be slow and painful, but might be needed.

Even opening an SQLite database in a tool such as SQLiteBrowser can "lock" the file causing problems when MediaPortal/MP-TVSeries has access to the same file. In my tweaking I found that an easy solution is to 'copy' the file first and then open/view/edit the copy. That is done via the Windows API which is thread-safe so it does not cause any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom