Start Live TV from inside Program Guide, only Sound and Black Screen. (DRRC issue) (1 Viewer)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Guys,

i have a big problem. When im looking around in the program guide and see a show that interesst me, i click on it to start live tv. Live tv starts but only with sound, i have no picture only black screen. Here are my logs. I have test it and after this i directly create the log. So the event should about 21:30 a clock or so.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    From what I see you were trying to tune Sky Select Event A but I may be wrong. Unless you purchased the specific show, Sky will not broadcast anything to you on this channel and indeed no PMT is received.

That said, the EVR log shows no entry between 21:22 and 21:44 so I am not sure which tuning attempt to look for.

A a personal note: Diagnosis would be much easier if you indicated the channel name that you were trying to tune.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    A a personal note: Diagnosis would be much easier if you indicated the channel name that you were trying to tune.
    Yeah, I agree. :)

My guess was that he was talking about ProSieben:
    [2016-05-08 21:44:49,149] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TVHome.ViewChannelAndCheck(): View channel=ProSieben
    [2016-05-08 21:44:50,940] [Log ] [92 ] [DEBUG] - RenderBlack: x:0, y:0, w:100, h:100

I wonder if the problem is related to Auto3D.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I know about sky select. In the last View month i dont tuned this Channel ? Maybe this comes from epg grabbing ?

@mm
    Yeah ProSieben Sounds good. This can be one off the channel where I tuned in.

You mean I should turn off auto3d and try again ?

I reproduce it later again, with actual time and Channel, that's easier for you to search how goes wrong.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You mean I should turn off auto3d and try again ?
    Yes, or even better: use the Watchdog tool with option 1 so that all 3rd party plugins are disabled. If you can't reproduce the problem that way, the problem is caused by one of your plugins.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So here the new log with option one. The same problem. Tuned sat.1 at 20:13 a clock, same issue i post yesterday. After this i start live tv with tv on, then it works. after this i stop it again and try the first step and it works too.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So here the new log with option one.
    Hmmm, this time I don't see the many "RenderBlack" log entries, so it looks different.

My recommendation to you now would be to update to MP 1.14. 1.14 PR (which you are using) contained at least one serious regression from 1.13, and that was fixed in 1.14. That regression ("bug") can cause strange problems, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is causing your problem.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm ive thinking i use the the 1.14. final. Ok I will look but I can Update to 1.15. Pre

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm ive thinking i use the the 1.14. final.
    [INFO ] - Main: MediaPortal v1.13.100.0 is starting up on Windows 10 [10.0.10586.0]

which is 1.14 pre. You can certainly use 1.15pre. And with respect to narrowing down the problem please follow mm's advice and launch MP in Watchdog / report a bug mode for testing first. This will load only standard plugins and a standard skin. If you then can't reproduce the issue you wil know that it is due to some of your aditional plugins.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm my last Logs are with watchdogs Option 1 so without Plugins

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom