Start Media Portal with TV at startup (1 Viewer)

David Hammink

Portal Member
April 7, 2017
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

Is there a way in Mediaportal2 to start with the TV Module at startup of the client ?
in Mediaportal 1 I used mpstartit.

Kind regards,

David Hammink

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Is there a way in Mediaportal2 to start with the TV Module at startup of the client ?
    in Mediaportal 1 I used mpstartit.

Kind regards,

David Hammink
    This is currently not possible and such plugin is not planned at the moment.

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In my opinion, as people always point out that mp2 has many functions out of the shelf where mp1 needed plugins, this should bei a core feature.
    Especially as I figure this would not be very complicated to implement.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    this should bei a core feature.
    I disagree. In MP2 the navigation depends on the skin. Such a "core" plugin would limit skinning way too much and even destroys already existing and needed functionality...

If you use Blue Vision (or one of it's themes) and you were in TV before you leave MP2 you will be in TV when you come back to MP2 again... This works for Videos, Music or pictures the same way now. So why limit this to one module???

WMC skin on the other side (as it tries to imitate the original WMC as good as possible) did not has this option because it uses the traditional concept with "home screen navigation" instead of the more modern "Group Menu Navigation" concept in BV. Here (in WMC) such an option could be useful, also I would prefer the behavior like BV with the last used module as "starting point" in WMC too...

A future skin may have a completely different navigation concept (e.G. I would like to have a skin that has no home screen and also no group menu, but a direct navigation as overlay from any screen to any other without the need to navigate through numerous other screens) that would most likely not even possible if you include such a plugin into core...

If this would be implemented it has to be a skin option (on skins who needs this), never a "core" feature...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Guys,

If you would like to see a feature implemented in a future release of MP2 then please open a thread in the Feature Request section of the MP2 forum. I'll add a poll option for everybody to vote for or against a proposal. This helps us to assess the prioirity of a request.

Notwithstanding please consider that user desires vary and what is important for one person could be of no value to another. We are trying to keep a sound balance between these things.

Thank you,
    HTPCSourcer

David Hammink

Portal Member
    April 7, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Opened a feature request. I will try out Blue Vision skin and see what I can do with that. Haven't installed skins in MP2 so far.

Kind regards,

David Hammink

Users who are viewing this thread