[solved] Startup Crash if Video Folders not online/accessible. (default videos plugin) (1 Viewer)

vrflip

Portal Member
February 6, 2012
United States of America United States of America
I actually did stop installing SteamedMP and just tested with MP, but still had the same problem.

However, since my last post I installed many important and optional updates available from Windows update, and the problem appears to be resolved. There were several updates related to .NET, I wonder if those were the ones that finally fixed the issue. I have very cautiously and systematically returned the MP installation back to my usual state, with SteamedMP installed, and all the various configuration setup the way I like it. I tested after every minor configuration change, and so far no crash.

So I think it was just an issue of needing to apply Windows updates. I had not installed updates to this computer in a long time.

Thank you to everyone who had a look and offered suggestions. I appreciate you guys working hard to keep Media Portal going after all this time.

Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U [solved] MediaPortal crashing on startup General Support 10
D Crashing on startup General Support 8
TeMorituri Crashes on startup General Support 2
R MP crashing immediately after startup General Support 2
Grisu002 Failed to startup - TV Server funktioniert nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
T [solved] failed to-startup tvservice Installation, configuration support 1
T [solved] Startup problem General 6
A Client/Server Setup: Slow TV Startup Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 0
Lichloathe [solved] Latest Media Handler - Default view for TVSeries on startup Fanart Handler 2
Remoteglen Freezing on startup General Support 4
A MediaPortal crash (and restart) on LiveTV after Windows Update (Sep 2020) driver update for Intel HD Graphics 4600 General Support 0
F MediaPortal 1.16 server crashing due to user error? General Support 5
L Service keeps crashing General 5
RoChess Weird GPU crash -- possible cause: resizing media MediaPortal 1 Talk 8
torone Dritter versuch mit Mediaportal 2 Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 1
W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on most channels and on recordings from the same channels General Support 20
W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on some channels and on some recordings Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 1
D [solved] Changed username in Win10, now TV Server config crashes on fresh install Installation, configuration support 1
ajs Trakt error when start with MP crash Trakt 1
R TV server crash with WintTV quadHD General 0
Dark Eyes TVService locks up or fails to restart on resuming from sleep, and crashes when grabbing EPG Installation, configuration support 7
atlantic [solved] MP1.24 Pre released crash in TV General Support 12
RoChess Random GPU crash leads to MePo restart, but works fine afterwards MediaPortal 1 14
R [fixed] [MP2-819] MP2 Server crashes on ATSC OTA channel scan Submit: Bug Reports 33
doskabouter 1.23.0 Crash when skipping in a dvd Bugreports 3